A new function to the Aimia US region, Program Management (PM) represents our strategic commitment to operational excellence in the service of our clients. A key member of the multi-disciplinary team working on client business, the Sr. Director is responsible and accountable ensuring quality, on-time and on-budget delivery of client engagements. The role includes preparation of accurate scopes-of-work, resource requirements, pricing and reconciliation of time as projects advance against estimate.
Working with the Account team, the Sr. Director will establish work processes that align delivery and implementation with the strategic objectives of the overall program, and then align multiple projects/partners to allow for seamless delivery (cost, schedule, and time/materials) in all project phases.
The Sr. Director will have frequent client-facing time and will been seen as the “go to” team member to provide guidance and adhere to structured governance that enables consistent processes, integrated planning and scheduling, quality standards, and appropriate program oversight.
Aimia has been around for a long time, but is always changing and pushing new limits. Our relationship-building company was recently recognized on the World’s Top Agency Companies list by Advertising Age . We live off quenching our clients’ thirst for new ideas and direction. We also believe in the power of having fun – it should never be underestimated. It’s how we turn creativity into results. If you can talk the talk and walk the walk, we’d love to hear from you. We think the future looks bright and are seeking a passionate individual who can tap into that excitement.
- Responsible for designing and implementing a high functioning PMO, including a transformation strategy to measure and manage organizational change.
- Establish standard operating procedures (Processes, Standards, and Tools) for pursuit management, program management, project management and resource management.
- Establish a framework for professional development, including education, training, and organizational change management.
- Establish a governance framework that ensures transparency into project performance by creating dashboards and reporting. Design a Governance Structure to ensure effective project decisions are made.
- Establish a framework for conducting project audits on distressed engagements.
- Recruit, retain, and develop talented team of Program Managers, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators that are capable of managing projects with resources from cross-functional areas.
- Lead development and adoption of Aimia project management standards. Provide program and project management support to other functional areas, including project management training as needed
- Foster ongoing improvement of project execution methods and tools; understand internal and external factors that are including use of the methods and tools; proactively identify opportunities to improve methods and tools.
- Build and maintain external vendor relationships.
- Work with Finance and other operational areas to produce a resource and revenue forecast on a weekly basis. Assist the organization with resource allocation and resolution of resource conflicts.
- Understands multi-organizational stakeholders’ interests and communication requirements, effectively addresses expectations, and provides timely key messages.
- Identifies and documents risks and response strategies, then manages to those strategies in order to lessen or mitigate probability of occurrence and impact to the overall program.
- Identifies and adheres to a formal change management plan.
- Partners with the account team.
- Provides program management subject matter expertise based on known standards and techniques.
- Through strategic visioning and planning, aligns program goals and benefits with the long-term organizational goals of the client and Aimia.
- Resolves differences between opposing points of view to achieve a mutually agreeable end result.
- Effectively facilitates sessions by outlining a clear objective, maintaining focus on that objective, and ensuring appropriate representation and input from the participants.
- Leads and mentors team members.
- Infuses the importance of timely and high quality deliverables.
- Constructs and delivers effective presentations or discussions which address a variety of topics, audiences, and purposes, at the appropriate level of detail.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master of Business Administration, preferred
- 10+ years’ experience initiating, planning, controlling, and implementing large and complex projects and/or programs with multiple dependencies (>$3M with at least 15 FTE project members) in the marketing services industry
- 5 years of leadership experience in a professional services organization desired
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification
- Proven strong communication skills in order to influence matrixed team members and stakeholders to achieve expected results
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of program / project management methodologies and tools (viz., Microsoft Project, Excel)