Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multi-disciplinary project execution with the development of clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefits.
- Lead functional stakeholders in defining costs, risks, and schedule impact of multiple implementation options culminating in the creation of a master Project Plan for each project with clear timelines and deliverables.
- Accountable for defining, leading, and delivering results for projects supporting Product Development (both internal and external) goals.
- Own deliverables throughout project lifecycle, aligning work from a broad set of project stakeholders and insuring a team based approach to product development.
- Integrate all key activities and project milestones into a master Development platform schedule that can assist in resource planning.
- Serve as a support to Subject Matter Experts, providing the Sr. VP R & D, Sr. Director Sales & Marketing and the VP of Business Development with the tools to execute on the strategic plan.
- Develop a process that creates efficient communication of timelines and deliverables to senior management, including assuring that necessary senior management decisions are sought and delivered in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participate in new project identification process and assist in coordinating the initiation of new product development.
- This role may require up to 25% travel and is located in Hayward, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or related science. Advanced degree preferred in science, engineering, or business (MBA)
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the generic pharmaceutical industry, including 5 years of direct experience in Project Management.
Experience and demonstrated strengths within the following areas:
- Quality experience in clinical or commercial drug substance manufacturing
- Product Development and commercialization in the generic industry
- Development of complex long-range integrated schedules
- Leading and motivating cross functional workgroups
- Budgeting and Resource Planning in R&D
- Implementation of strategies to improve efficiencies within R&D initiatives
- Candidate should have the ability to approach issues from a strategic perspective and stay focused on the big picture. This includes the ability to develop and translate strategy into actionable objectives to effectively drive the project team, advocate client positions throughout the life cycle of the project, and make value-based decisions.
- Requires solid knowledge of cGMP, PMBOK methodologies, and Project Management tools
- Position requires excellent leadership skills in all areas of communication, collaboration, and presentation to all levels of staff and management
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment, exercising positive influence on cross-functional teams, and motivating stakeholders to take initiative, is required.
IMPAX Laboratories - 10 months ago