Posting Job Title: Sr. Director Content Operations Planning and Content Acquisition
Requisition #: 146432BR
Posting Location: Broomfield, CO, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas - New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
In keeping with Time Warner Cable's mission to connect people and businesses with information, entertainment and each other in ways that are simple and easy, we are moving quickly towards providing our customers 'any content, any time, on any device, anywhere'.
The Sr. Director of Content Operations Planning and Content Acquisition will be responsible for leading two key areas for Content Operations. The first area of leadership is around the overall planning and budgeting for the Content Operations team. This includes aligning team resources against the overall team project plans as well as managing spend and timing for infrastructure needs. The second area of leadership is for the company content acquisition processes and ongoing operation. This area of responsibility includes running the team responsible for working with programmers and distributors on the delivery of linear and VoD content into the TWC network, ensuring the content makes it through all of the TWC systems, and finally confirming the quality of the final product as seen by TWC customers for both classic and next generation devices. This position offers the unique and highly visible opportunity to operate exciting and innovative new capabilities for Time Warner Cable.
Time Warner Cable - "bring you the future of amazing"
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage the teams responsible for the ongoing Content Operations planning and content acquisition.
2. Build strong working relationships with leadership in other operations groups as well as the architecture, engineering, development, finance, product, and planning groups.
3. Manage external vendor relationships and escalations
4. Establish and supervise processes for onboarding, scheduling and planning content acquisition internal to TWC, externally with programmers and other third party suppliers.
5. Assist and in development and implementation of the overall content strategy, product development and other related initiatives regarding content operations.
6. Ensure funding is requested and managed as part of the implementation for new solutions and operational projects sponsored by content operations.
Broad experience is preferred but extensive experience in several areas is acceptable
1. Operational leadership experience
2. Experience with linear and VoD cable delivery systems
3. Understanding of HTTP adaptive video delivery
4. Experience with content and video management systems and associated metadata
5. Basic understanding of video capture, transport and encoding technologies including satellite capture, HD-SDI, MPEG2, MPEG4, MPEG2 Transport Streams, JPEG, and PIFF containers
6. Basic understanding of content encryption and modern DRM systems
7. Experience with financial budgeting and management
8. Excellent verbal and written customer support skills
9. Strong analytic problem solving and troubleshooting skills
10. Flexibility to work extra hours and holidays if needed
11. Availability to be contacted after hours including weekends and holidays via a pager or cell phone
12. Experience conducting network or application performance reviews, trend analysis, and chronic issue identification
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years leading groups that are responsible for video delivery services. Critical experience will include project and program management, financial budgeting and management, application development, video workflow development, people development, video delivery systems, and general understanding of classic and IP video systems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Supervisor: Plans, staffs, evaluates and directs work of employees of a work unit.
Travel 20 %
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00332 - Broomfield Airport
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 13 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...