Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The position will lead the Engineering Department for the Frozen Foods Business serving as the engineering interface to both the Business Unit and Frozen manufacturing plants. The Senior Director will ensure that the capital plan is strategically aligned with overall business objectives, addresses plant investment priorities and is flawlessly executed. In addition to direct management and leadership of Engineering, the Senior Director will ensure that there are close partnerships and alignment with other key functional groups such as Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, Finance and Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS:The candidate should have/be:
- Provides strategic leadership for defining and executing engineering vision, objectives, strategies and metrics. This includes gaining alignment with SVP of Manufacturing and plant teams on 3 year investment plans.
- Translation of high-level plant investment goals and strategies into projects / programs. Alignment and relationship management of appropriate external suppliers / resources to develop and execute against program objectives.
- Develops and maintains corporate partnerships within the Frozen Business Unit to deliver innovation, product renovation, and productivity. As engineering liaison, will be responsible for initial idea validation and solution identification.
- In concert with Product Development and Operations, identifies and develops partnerships for equipment and systems solutions. Ensures equipment research design, development, and emerging technology are a company competitive advantage.
- Establishes and maintains disciplined processes and systems to ensure development and execution of engineering equipment projects and leverage of best practices.
- Maintains an awareness of future engineering development / technology directions and alerts appropriate organizational elements to the growth and profitability of opportunities which may emerge as a result of technology advances.
- Plans the continued development and/or acquisition of engineering and project management skills and capabilities to support objectives. Plant engineering leads have dotted line reporting relationship to this position with the expectation that Sr. Director will be co-responsible for their performance and career growth. Position will participate in engineering talent assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage mid-scale capital programs within complex organizations both internally and with external suppliers.
- Strong technical and project management capabilities.
- Food industry and product development experience desired.
- Strong track record in delivering business results.
- Solid knowledge within process and package is desirable.
- Broad base of leadership as well as a strong understanding of the business equation and how it impacts product initiatives, both practically and strategically.
- The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in a high energy and rapidly moving environment.
A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline is required.
MBA is a plus.
15+ years equivalent work experience primarily in food industry.
Multi-plant support responsibility
Corporate interface including cross-functional team leadership
1. Extremely intelligent – a quick study of complex problems and a highly organized approach to finding high impact solutions.
2. The ability to quickly adapt into a new organization and make an immediate impact through a proactive nature, high energy level and credible experience.
3. Able to objectively, patiently and evenly deal with a wide range of opinions while productively building alignment around a final recommendation.
4. An inspiring leader with strong, persuasive and energizing communication skills including written, small group and large group presentation.
5. Outstanding executive presence with the ability to gain respect, credibility and rapport with all types of internal and external stakeholders.
6. A strong team orientation with the ability to be both the leader and, at times, an effective contributor to a team led by others. Underlying this is a natural inclination towards measuring success against shared goals not personal agendas.
7. Flexible in understanding and working effectively with a wide variety of individuals and cultures.
8. Accountable for guiding team efforts within business area/department; provides strategic direction by establishing and clarifying interactions and responsibilities.
9. A high degree of maturity, mental toughness, and resilience.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 16 months ago