Posting Title Sr. Director Marketing, Networking & Security About Us Nicira, part of the VMware (NYSE: VMW) family, brings incredible, new features and capabilities to the VMware virtual networking portfolio. Our products, technology and team, combined with the existing network and security solutions at VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, form one of the fundamental building blocks in the Software-Defined Datacenter Strategy at VMware. Innovative companies such as AT&T, DreamHost, eBay, NTT and Rackspace use our products to accelerate service delivery from weeks to minutes, transforming their cloud data center operations and economics. Be an integral part of the future of the software-defined datacenter, learn more at www.nicira.com and join our team today! Job Description As the market-leading provider of technologies to enable enterprises to migrate to cloud computing, VMware is seeking a talented, self-actuating Sr. Director of Marketing to be part of a team working on the software defined networking and networking virtualization solutions. The Sr. Director of Marketing will lead the team responsible for VMware’s networking and security product lines. These include the following: vCloud Networking and Security Products (vShield Edge, App, Endpoint) and Nicira.
Working closely with product management, product marketing, customers, executive leadership, and sales & marketing team, the Sr. Director of Marketing will leverage his/her technical, analytical, messaging/communication and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for VMware. The role requires an individual with strong leadership who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for VMware’s platform direction; collaborate with and drive a strong team of innovators and engineers to continue VMware’s tradition of building groundbreaking products; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners and nurture a vibrant ecosystem to deliver infrastructure products that are optimized for the VMware platform.
You will work on one of the most strategic products at VMware, creating one of the most compelling solutions the market has yet to see. If you are interested in driving a new way of handling networking this may just be a fit.
The Senior Director of Marketing for Networking and Security has responsibility for defining the thought leadership and communications strategy to support the go to market strategy for networking and security product line releases, as well as driving industry thought leadership for VMware’s network virtualization and SDN as part of our Software Defined Data Center vision. The role requires an individual with strong communication, messaging, analytical, leadership, and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You will be a key member of the Networking and Security Team, with responsibilities that include:
- Ensure VMware maintains a growing lead in industry leadership around Network Virtualization and SDN. Contribute meaningfully to the industry conversation about SDN. Set the agenda for the public debate in a way that showcases VMware advantage
- Develop and execute an innovative communications strategy using a combination of social media, public/press relations, and analyst relations to reach broadest possible end user audience and influence virally
- Establish and cultivate a set of early adopter influencers, from within the network and security industry, that amplifies VMware leadership in network virtualization.
- Create positioning and messaging for different level customer (end user, IT Manager, CXO) and influencer (press, analyst, bloggers) audiences and for different target segments
- Drive the development of core marketing materials including master messaging document, all web site messaging and deliverables, video demos and tutorials, field enablement tools, such as case studies, presentations, white papers, sales kits, field newsletters, Intranet sites, etc.
- Identifying customer and partner needs, strategies and value propositions through market research, segmentation analysis and deep customer/partner relationships
- Own the creation and execution of a go-to-market plan for direct and channel sales via key VMware technology, reseller and managed service provider partners, focused on driving broad scale adoption of a brand new end user cloud computing product offering
Requisition Number 39806BR
- At least 15-20 years of work experience. Mix of technology (engineering, product management) and business (consulting, marketing, sales, and channel) background would be ideal
- At least 5-7 years experience managing a team of 5+ people
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Strong awareness of technology trends. Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts. Passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred, MBA desirable Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware - 19 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...