About Emerging Health Information Technology:
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT consulting and professional services company, is a dynamic organization that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Emerging Health IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
The Senior Director of IT Operations oversees Montefiore's and other EH customer IT operations, and partners with executive leadership to provide technical and business guidance.
The Senior Director oversees the management of the operational and fiscal activities of his/her department and establishes policies, standards, and practices as needed. The Senior Director oversees and provides guidance for his/her direct reports ensuring their direction and goals are in concert with the mutual goals and objectives across the organization. In addition, the Senior Director establishes and communicates the short and long-term objectives of the department to the executive team, peers, and team members.
- Responsible for enterprise wide IT operations including the data center operations, PC and Macintosh support, service desk operations, desktop engineering, desktop rollouts, software rollouts, server operations, Tandem support, storage area networks, AIX support, windows support, quality control of rollouts, Citrix, and disaster recovery. ï»¿
- Establish operational strategies for IT Operations department.
- Establish high-level objectives for the department and oversee the cascading of those objectives to Directors, Assistant Directors, managers, and their reports. Balance short-term operational needs with long-term strategic goals. Ensure operational strategies are in line with the organization's goals including service quality initiatives.
- Review and approve policies and procedures for the department.
- Provide guidance to team by communicating vision, strategies, and objectives to line management.
- Monitor mission critical issues.
- Partner with organization's executive leadership to provide overall technical and managerial strategies for the organization with focus on IT Operations.
- Collaborate with department directors across the organization, company executives, and key stakeholders for the coordination and alignment of objectives and functions across multiple functional areas and on corporate-wide workflow and process improvement.
- Direct resources.
- Oversee activities of Director(s), Assistant Director(s), and other direct reports.
- Ensure that the resource management function is achieving its goal to balance client project needs and the development needs of employees.
- Responsible for hiring and staffing decisions of direct reports and key positions within the department. Oversee and approve hiring and staffing decisions for the department.
- Prepare and manage department budgets.
- Ensure major programs and projects, of high impact to the organization, are delivered on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Manage to defined business practices, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure team members adhere to technical SDLC standards, estimation guidelines and best practices.
- Business development and client management.
- Participate in reviews with operational leadership and key customer representatives on business metrics, trend reports, and utilization metrics.
- Senior level interface between clients and Emerging Health. Ensure the highest level of customer service and maintain an open line of communication.
- Plan for future growth and capabilities to ensure the ability to effectively manage potential client business.
medITjobs.com - 21 months ago