Become an elite member of a fast growing, highly
motivated team and contribute to truly cutting edge
technology. At Digital Signal Corporation (DSC), we
develop breakthrough technology solutions. The Company
is composed of scientists, engineers, software experts,
and business leaders who invent, design, and supply
solutions to industry and government. We are seeking
highly motivated and dedicated individuals who are
interested in solving challenging problems and work well
in a fast paced environment.
DSC is rapidly growing and we have an opportunity for a
Sr. Director of QA Systems at our Chantilly, VA
location. Qualified candidates must be able to work well
in a small company atmosphere and have excellent
The role of the Sr. Director of Quality Systems is to
ensure the establishment and maintenance of robust
quality systems and procedures within Digital Signal,
with the goal of obtaining optimum quality for DSC’s
product & service offerings by providing leadership for
all quality functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
assurance strategy for DSC that meets or exceeds
- Design, lead, and deliver a coordinated quality
determination and implementation of the appropriate
- Strengthen the company’s quality systems through the
infrastructure required to achieve business
solves problems while maintaining manufacturing
- Establish and manage a Quality organization that
efficiencies and meeting business requirements.
quality group and ensure the proper interfacing of
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the
quality functions to manufacturing, engineering, and
assists leadership in maintaining control over
- Identify the appropriate KPI’s for the business to
internal processes and customer-centric metrics.
systems are fully integrated and executed throughout
- Interfaces with staff to ensure effective quality
the product life cycle.
for the complete suite of design verification and
- Assist in the implementation of and lend direction
validation efforts for DSC products; to include
reliability testing & prediction, stress screening,
failure analysis, etc.
and change management system and organization.
- Co-direct the growth of the company’s configuration
necessary regulatory and agency approvals toward the
- Assist as required in the obtainment of all
successful operation of business functions and
distribution of company procedures and support
- Insure the proper capture, organization, and
incoming material and final product inspection
- Oversee the set-up and ongoing operation of both
processes. Oversee all quality inspections and
or work sessions with staff as needed to educate and
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled training
implement quality methods and ensure compliance.
educating, coaching and mentoring others on process
- Support project teams in quality activities by
improvement philosophy, tools, and applications.
Must be able to give clear and concise direction to
Engineers. Including but not limited to: supplier
- Oversee the efforts of both Site & Supplier Quality
auditing, selection, and approval, yield & trend
reporting, MRB/RMA processes, waivers & deviations,
DMAIC and SPC support, new product introduction
tollgates, manufacturing tooling and equipment
qualification, and procedure audits/validations.
annual performance reviews as well as provide
- Hire, coach and manage QA team members. Conduct
performance feedback to employees on an on-going
quality assurance teams in growing organizations.
- BS in Technical field.
- 5+ years of Sr. management experience leading
company-wide quality policies and procedures,
- Must have successfully implemented and managed
ideally in both software development and hardware
tools, and process improvement methodologies (DFX/Design
- Extensive knowledge of QA principles, procedures,
for Manufacturability, Kaizen events, ISO 9000)
statistical methods & software in both manufacturing
- Well versed in the effective utilization of
& design verification environments.
- Strong data-driven records management and control
- Hands on experience leading quality improvement
opportunities to reduce defects, rework, and process
- Proven ability to identify and prioritize
variability, and then communicate to all
stakeholders for action.
leadership skills. Excellent interpersonal, time
- Proven facilitation, presentation, and team
management, decision-making, and conflict management
skills. Effective with conversing at all levels of
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to develop an ITAR
MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of programs including
and ERP systems
- MBA or Engineering Masters degree.
- Proficiency in utilizing Configuration Management
- HALT/HASS testing proficiency
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Experience working for Government/DoD Contractor
time; frequently required to move about to access
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of
file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC,
copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required
to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to
include close vision and use of computer monitor
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
screens a great deal of time.
or balance, and crouch.
- Ability to reach within hands and arms length, climb
office area with ability to frequently work in a
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an
Digital Signal Corporation is an Affirmative Action and
- The noise level in this environment is low/moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a friendly,
business environment with a competitive salary and
benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon
successful completion of background and reference
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) - 20 months ago