SVB Financial Group is seeking a Sr. Documentation Specialist to support its Private Bank lending activities in the form of research, resolution, documentation and operational activity surrounding the efficient execution of Private Bank loans for high net worth clients of SVB.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Intensive loan document production in connection with multistate secured and unsecured custom loan transactions.
• Interaction with third party providers of title, insurance, credit, legal and other services required for real estate and other collateral secured transactions for various entities.
• Basic loan documentation review.
• Ability to interpret and apply regulations/policy applicable to state specific loan documentation.
• Basic legal drafting (rudimentary contracts, corporate resolutions and related documents).
• Assistance with project management and operations pipeline management issues.
• Assistance in loan related servicing, review and periodic accounting reviews.
• Support the high quality service delivered by the Private Bank Sales team.
Skills and Requirements:
• Effective organizational and analytical skills; must have great attention to detail.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with loan documentation systems and template loan documents.
• Must be able to prioritize, and often handle simultaneously, multiple tasks, while maintaining attention to deadlines.
• Must be a highly self-motivated individual who can work independently and be a team player.
• Proactive problem solving and project management skills.
• Ability to excel in a dynamic and fast moving environment, with a willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Professional required.
• Minimum 2 years experience providing loan documentation processing, support and drafting.
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Familiarity with consumer and commercial loan documents for multistate lending a plus.
• Familiarity with consumer lending regulations including mortgage lending a plus.
• Familiarity with legal resources for research.
• Positive attitude and sense of humor mandatory (we’re not kidding).