The Senior ETL developer’s responsibilities are to design and develop ETL/data integration processes and programs to support the data warehousing and business intelligence initiatives of the Information Management group. The responsibilities include data analysis/validation, source to target data mapping, process flows, job scheduling, development and testing of DataStage and/or Informatica ETL programs. Other responsibilities will include interaction with Data Stewards, external vendors and business users to resolve data questions and anomalies; work estimation, mentoring of junior staff members; participation in data modeling design sessions, and metadata development.
The position requires hands on experience using IBM/Ascential DataStage, Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Loader and Autosys.
• Develop source to target data mappings
• Create ETL programs and codes
• ETL Development, data analysis, interpretation of ETL specifications
• Unit test mappings and ETL programs
• Resolution of data anomalies
• Production support for ETL processes and programs
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Positions Success Criteria:
• Successful development, testing, and implementation of supportable ETL programs
• Up to date documentation
• Meeting development timelines and delivery dates
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
• 8 years of experience in data warehousing and ETL development
• Understand and experience in key data warehouse concepts such as:
• Dimensional Modeling, Slowly changing dimensions, Star and snowflake schemas, Master and Metadata management, andTechnology Requirements
• At least 4 years of experience in IBM Ascential DataStage 8.1
• At least 6 years of experience in hands on ETL development
• UNIX (HP/UX, Solaris, AIX)
• Windows 2000/NT/2003/2008
• SQL Plus
• Microsoft Office Products
• Oracle 11g/10g/9i
EmblemHealth - 30+ days ago
EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health insurance through subsidia...