The role of the ETL Developer is to ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution. Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications. Translate business needs into end user applications.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
· Support or enhance the ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
· Map source system data to data warehouse models.
· Work with business analysts to understand source data systems.
· Work closely with project management, analysts, data modelers and the existing ETL developers to understand project requirements and contribute to the project solution.
· Manage ETL application.
· Assist with the creation of test cases, and participate in functional, load and performance testing.
· Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
· Support production mappings.
Nature and Scope
Typically reports to Director, Development
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Required Qualifications & Experience
· 7-10 years of development experience working in a marketing/agency environment
· 7+ years of Data Warehousing experience
· 7+ Years of experience as an ETL Developer
· 7+ Years SQL/ SQL Server/Oracle
· Extensive Data Modeling Experience
· 7+ Years using Data Quality Software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies Required
· Must possess strong root cause analysis skills for troubleshooting production run-time issues.
· Proven experience with SDLC methodologies including creation of quality detail design documentation and thorough unit test planning skills.
· Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
· Solid problem solving, decision-making, and creative thinking ability.
· Proven ability to deliver results within a multi-task work environment with changing priorities.
· Ability to effectively work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with internal and external partners.
· Ability and willingness to quickly understand and document business requirements, and to create well-structured software designs to meet them.
· Experience in an agency environment is preferred.
· A strong work ethic and solid track record of getting the job done.
Moxie Interactive, Inc. - 2 years ago