Senior Electrical Engineer
Neato Robotics is developing technology at the forefront of robotics & artificial intelligence.
Our products are designed to free people from household chores and will change how we all look at housekeeping tasks. Our first product, the award winning Neato Robotics XV-11 automated robotic vacuum has set new standards for intelligence, ease of use and cleaning effectiveness. And it is only the first of many.
Our team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineers and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in leading startups from early stage to successful multinational enterprises.
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
We are looking for talented engineers to join our growing Newark, California based team.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class Senior Electrical Engineer and will initially report to the Director of Hardware Engineering.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at Neato Robotics, you will be critical to the creation of leading edge autonomous robot products and technologies. You will have responsibility for the design and development of Neato Robotics products that leverage its core laser distance scanning technology. All issues related to system level design, circuit design, power management, etc. will be within your purview. Neato’s robots will continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform as well as extensions designed to address a number of potential markets.
As the key contributor to an existing hand-picked product development team, you will be expected to leverage your knowledge of consumer electronics design and history with suppliers and manufacturers to create world-class products. The challenge will be to design elegant solutions that are robust, low cost, and delight customers.
- BSEE or MSEE with 10 plus years of relevant experience in digital and analog electronics design
- Led the electrical engineering efforts for embedded consumer products from concept to production, including architecture, design, and manufacturing
- Strong communication and organization skills and works well in a hands-on collaborative environment
- Experience with electro-mechanical interfaces, including optical, magnetic, and acoustic sensors, as well as DC motors, motor driver circuits, and PID control
- Knowledge of batteries, battery chargers, switching power supplies, and power system design
- Knowledge of best practices for PCB layouts, especially with respect to EMI, ESD and signal integrity
- Experience designing for off-shore, volume manufacture in terms of both cost and manufacturability
- Experience with Orcad and Allegro
- Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications, write work instructions, and maintain BOMs and CAD libraries
- Familiarity with ARM based processors
- Hands-on experience with C/C++ for embedded systems
- Working knowledge of Matlab
- Experience and interest in robotics
- Chinese language skills
No Employment Agencies Please