Sr. Electronics Engineer
For the development of novel solutions in the area of Deep UV (DUV) laser technology Cymer is seeking an innovative and creative
Hardware Controls Engineer
with a passion for elegant solutions, who is comfortable with pushing the leading edge into unknown territory and still coming up with workable solutions. Act now on this exciting new opportunity for a talented and experienced individual to join the global leader in light source technology. Cymer is recognized as the leading innovator in developing light source solutions for the world’s most advanced technology companies.
Qualified candidate will lead and participate in Cymer Laser Control System development from concept, design, validation, transition to manufacturing, and full product lifecycle support. Candidate will contribute to the design of the integrated light source control system, hardware architecture, modules, and elements. Participates in cross-functional Program teams and works with suppliers and other engineering groups to define, create and implement Controls and Electrical Systems designs and associated engineering and manufacturing documentation. Technologies include multi-processor real-time control system, cPCI, PC104, CAN, and other bus structures, Ethernet, photo-detectors, high-speed serial communication, differential signaling, wideband circuits; high speed embedded computing, VHDL Logic Design, distributed signal acquisition & control, and signal integrity in a noisy environment.
- Applies Electrical Engineering skills to design solutions for sustaining and new product development.
- Under limited supervision, exercises appropriate design and analysis as required to meet design objectives.
- Completes design projects using appropriate structured engineering development processes, design verification and quality process controls.
- Assists in creating development and resource plans for focused engineering projects. Coordinates with Functional Management or Senior Engineers to prioritize and complete work assignments. Creates engineering change orders, commissions and approves engineering drawings, develops documentation, and evaluates prototype modules.
- Interacts with Suppliers, Procurement, Manufacturing, and other Cymer employees to develop requirements, designs, acquire prototypes and produce special-build/experimental modules.
- Completes sub-module component engineering projects with minimal oversight.
- Facilitates smooth transition of new designs to Manufacturing, including development and assessment of technical risk and feedback on qualification testing plan.
- Facilitates product sustaining engineering for released designs through continuous quality monitoring & improvement, obsolescence mitigation, and field and factory support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of five (10) years of experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, FMEA, and failure analysis; structured problem solving methodology usage.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Good customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Preferred knowledge of cPCI, PC104, PLD, FPGA, VHDL, embedded control, and CAN bus.
- Hands on hardware design experience with analog and digital design solutions; including design requirements, detailed design & review, component selection & evaluation, procurement, design validation, and release.
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience with analog and digital designs at board, module and system level.
- DFx experience, including test, manufacturing, and reliability
- Experience with engineering test equipment - logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, communication bus analyzers, etc.
- Experience with Schematic Capture, Simulation and Layout Design Tools (OrCAD, DxDesigner, PSpice , PADS, Altera and Xilinx preferred)
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis techniques, sufficient to direct/interact with outside consultants employed for FEA modeling.
- Interest and exposure to control algorithms is preferred.
- Requires experience using one or more of the following software packages: OrCAD, PADS, ProEngineer, Visio, Excel, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, Agile. Java, Visual Basic programming knowledge is desired but not required.
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, repair, and troubleshooting at board, module, and system level.
- Change management and control; Preferred knowledge of AGILE.
- Ability to write technical and status reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, responsibility, and technical competence.
- Must be task focused and have a results oriented attitude and approach to the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven team environment.
- Ability to use structured problem solving to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Project planning and execution
- Interest and exposure to control algorithms is preferred.
- Basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies).
's Degree in Electrical Engineering; Master’s preferred.
Requires design experience with relevant technologies.
Requires Embedded Controls, Analog and Digital Design circuit design fundamentals.
The successful candidate must be familiar with a schematic capture CAD package as well as demonstrated familiarity with electrical simulation CAD software.
Knowledge of FPGA design technologies and HDL.
Leading the Light Generation
Cymer has been the lithography light source leader for over 25...