Are you ready to take ownership of your career? Are you finally ready to do the best work of your life? Are you ready to work with inspiring colleagues that will challenge you and take your career to heights never before imagined? If so, then be ready to make a difference and be a part of something HUGE by joining Starkey’s Software Engineering team. |
Imagine leveraging the newest .NET technology to develop a comprehensive fitting SW for Hearing Healthcare Professionals. Be part of a team working to develop programming technology that leverages wireless telemetry to bring patients closer to their Hearing Professionals no matter where they are in the world. All of this is happening right here at Starkey Hearing Technologies.
Best of all, explore a full time employment opportunity with a company that is growing and expanding locally and internationally, offers a comprehensive benefits package and offers training and tuition reimbursement and much, much more.
Starkey is the largest hearing aid manufacturer in the US and is based in Eden Prairie MN. So what’s the connection between Hearing Aids and Software Development? Since the 1990's, the advent of digital hearing aids has changed the way Starkey develops and showcases its products. With advanced signal processing technology, nanotechnology applications and data logging capabilities, the ability for hearing professionals to program hearing aids through software has never been more available. Starkey’s Software Engineering group makes this a reality!
- This engineer will develop embedded firmware for new and innovative hearing aid accessory products that enhance the quality of life for hearing aid patients.
- This position will have great visibility in a dynamic and collaborative work environment and will interface to several other functional groups.
- A good understanding of RTOS principles is required.
- An understanding of serial communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, I2S, and UART is required.
- Familiarity with wireless communications protocols such as Bluetooth is a plus.
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
- Education: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering Degree or Similar Bachelor's degree or better in a related area
- Experience: 4-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area for Level I, 8-12 years of experience for Level II
- Experience with a scripting language
- Moderate experience with software design for embedded systems and/or communications systems with a proven successful track-record
- Extensive experience with the full software lifecycle including specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance
- Some experience with the application of source code version control software to software development collaboration and procedures
- Some experience with software design documentation and review
- Experience with the use of wireless communications protocols such as Bluetooth and ZigBee
- Experience with serial communications protocols such as I2C, SPI and I2S
- Experience with tools such as oscilloscopes, GPIO/LED’s, spectrum analyzers, etc for debugging embedded system behavior
- Exposure to other programming languages such as Visual Basic and/or C#
- Familiarity with design aids such as UML, especially state charts and sequence diagrams, during the firmware design process
- Knowledge of digital signal processing and digital communications theory
- Basic knowledge of circuit design, hardware design and PCB layout
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with ‘C’ and ‘C++’ programming and assembly language
- Technical writing skills and experience with software design documentation generation and review
- Thorough understanding of digital signal processing and digital communications theory
- Application of RTOS concepts and real time processing including the use of processes, threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms, and memory management
- Application of software design principles for software and hardware concurrency
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.
Starkey Laboratories - 18 months ago
As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. One that...