Fortinet is seeking an Embedded Linux Software Engineer with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop, and support Fortinet’s leading edge product suites. If you enjoy taking ownership of special projects and challenging yourself to be creative, this is the position for you. Join our team of enthusiastic engineers who will become leaders of Fortinet's next generation projects. |
This person will participate in the development and maintenance of the existing and next generation product suite. The candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of core platform modules in various appliances. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle for the applicable projects, including gathering requirements, design, implementation and deployment. This position requires software development skills with a focus in embedded systems, system administration, scalability and performance.
- Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain/redesign of the existing areas of the products
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Strong Linux kernel programming skill
- Strong programming skills in C in Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of Linux system device drivers networking stack.
- Experience with PCI(e)/Ethernet/I2C
- Practical knowledge of Ethernet technology 1G/10G including the MAC and PHY
- Experience working on Broadcom and Marvel switches and PHYs.
- Experience in bringing up new 1G/10G Ethernet switch platforms
- Experience with Broadcom (or other similar vendor's) SDK Expert knowledge of software development life cycle and methodology
- Good knowledge of network security is a plus
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to manage own time effectively
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
B.S in CS or higher degree in CS or equivalent experience