Sr. Employee Health and Benefits Advisory Consultant-DET00096
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
The Health & Benefits (H&B) Senior Advisory Consultant will manage and advise client accounts for employers with 500-5,000 employees with their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs. Level of support depends on size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account - at this level the senior consultant is considered the client owner for larger clients. To fulfill this role, the Senior Advisory Consultant will:
- Prepare agendas and lead client/team meetings.
- Lead client teams' projects and deadlines utilizing project management tools.
- Ensure compliance with professional standards including use of templates, client calendar, peer review, and transparency.
- Ensure WebCAS forms are completed.
- Manage the development of the employee communications strategy and oversee other team members in the execution of this strategy including management of open enrollment process.
- Be responsible for engagement letter process including the confirmation of our specific scope of services, compensation type and level, project timeframe and required data.
- Accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts.
- Establish necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration (eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments.
- Solve client issues: The client will call to get help with service or claims issues such as when a claim hasn't been paid or is not paid correctly or is denied. The client may call or email consultant directly and the consultant will determine if the issue should be delegated to the analyst. If the analyst cannot resolve the issue, the consultant will then contact carriers and vendors on behalf of the client to resolve these issues.
- Work directly with the client and manage the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal analyst by reviewing the analyst's compilation of the health benefits information from a variety of sources, the responses from the carriers and the data in a spreadsheet template, reviewing the transparency documents and maintaining all appropriate documents in proper files. When the process is completed by the analyst, the consultant peer reviews the information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report to be sent to the client.
- Review claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis that has been input into a standardized report template by the analyst; analyze and interpret data for trends; peer review customized, client ready reports, submit report to client and reply to any questions the client may have.
- Review the summary plan description, plan documents and 5500 filings.
- Review SPD, plan documents and 5500s for compliance and compares to the benefits that were sold to the client. Ensure all benefits are accurately reflected, following a checklist to ensure that all necessary information is included where appropriate. Follow up with the carriers to make sure necessary changes are reflected.
- Generate new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the sales plan using Helping Clients Succeed and Miller Heiman client management and sales training skills. Introduce other Mercer H&B and MMC and products and services to clients. Provide H&B Sales Leader with new and expanded business opportunities in M-Drive.
- Gather health and welfare benefits data from a national survey administered and published by Mercer, input it into a template and compares a client's plan information to other companies by industry or geography. Interprets results and present the information to the client.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
- BA/BS degree; CEBS designation is preferred
- Eight or more years' experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor more junior level staff
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the...