We are currently seeking a Sr. Engineer for our facility in Houston, TX – this position is immediately available.
Perform engineering design work on Jetstream products as required to develop desired performance features, improve reliability and enhance manufacturability.
1. Originates layouts, concepts, parameters and designs for new products and/or modifications to existing products.
2. Uses mathematics, statistics, dynamics and other engineering disciplines for calculations of structural strength, power train analysis and performance predictions. Performs analysis as required to insure meeting product performance and reliability requirements.
3. Communicates with vendors where required to develop specifications for components and processes.
4. Assists other members of project team with required engineering input to complete design work related to project assignments.
5. Develops engineering specifications for materials or processes through research and/or supervision of tests programs.
6. Coordinates project progress by monitoring performance of designers, drafters and other personnel.
7. Works with shop supervision, industrial engineering, test engineering and other engineering personnel during course of design projects.
1. Travels into the field to get feedback from users of Jetstream products and recommends modifications related to the projects. Assesses degree of success of the project in terms of performance and user's satisfaction.
2. Performs other duties, assignments and special projects that may be required from time to time.
This description is not all inclusive of the total functions/responsibilities that may be required by an incumbent working under this title. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned, needed and required.
Federal Signal Corporation - 21 months ago