Sirius Computer Solutions, IBM's largest business partner, is seeking an experienced Sr. AIX Engineer to address our expanding customer needs. This position will be primarily postsales consulting but there will also be some need to provide presales technical support.
Sirius provides our software team members with a generous bonus programs, a competitive benefits package, extensive training opportunities and a voice to help shape the Program they are helping to build. We seek to continue a tradition of stable, long-term members who are collectively interested in the success of our organization.
Description of position details:
- Assisting Sirius Sales Team with pre-sales activities in educating clients with Sirius products.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations
- Provides product demonstration to include implementation/migration planning
- Prepares product deliverable templates/client timetables
- Technology Enablement Center (TEC) demonstration/briefings
- Develops solutions based on analysis of business and technical requirements
- Reviews client environment and develops architecture and design of projects
- Installing, maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting client infrastructure solutions.
- Performs account management duties to include research, problem solving, technical support, and general
- Bachelors degree in a technical-related field required and/or equivalent experience.
- IBM Certified Systems Expert – High Availability for AIX Technical Support and Administration
- 3-5 yrs experience in AIX hardware architecture (I/O, Storage, virtualization, etc.)
- 3-5 yrs of experience in AIX Operating System, products and solutions
- Ability to perform AIX installation and configuration services
- Ability to perform AIX troubleshooting services
- Perform virtualization services
- Capable of designing and performing HA/DR services (which may include Double-Take and/or PowerHA)
- Proficiency in backup solutions like TSM a plus
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Must be currently eligible to work in the United States.
- IBM Certified Specialist - AIX Administrator required or must be acquired within 3 months of hire date
- Power Systems Sales for AIX and Linux required or must be acquired within 3 months of hire date
- IBM Certified System Administrator for AIX and Linux required or must be acquired within 3 months of hire date
- IBM Certified Systems Expert – Enterprise Technical Support for AIX and Linux required or must be acquired within 3 months of hire date
- IBM Certified Systems Expert – Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux required or must be acquired within 3 months of hire date
- Ability to design workable solutions in a timely manner.
- Skills in efficient project management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Skills in interpersonal and verbal/written communications
For those ready to Get Sirius, we offer a competitive benefits package which includes such plans as medical, dental, life insurance, disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, long term care, the company 401(k), paid holidays, and sick leave and vacation accrual. In addition, Sirius employees may utilize other benefits such as including education reimbursement, online training and travel programs.
Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sirius Computer Solutions - 12 months ago