Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The individual in this assignment is responsible for the planning and implementation of all engineering activities at the facility. This shall be done in a manner that ensures optimum plant performance in the production of quality products, accomplished in a safe and timely manner, while achieving the lowest feasible conversion cost. In addition, this individual will provide strategic technical leadership that ensures continuous improvement in equipment and process capability and capacity. The primary financial responsibility of the position is budgetary oversight of Capital budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the facility’s Capital Plan administration to include budgeting, forecasting, spending and reporting.
- Responsible for Capital project initiation, written and implementation.
- Provides leadership for facility and process engineering.
- Accountable for planning and managing functional budgets.
- Provides strategic leadership with use of new technologies.
- Acts as technical resource to plant leadership team on technical issues.
- Promotes plant safety and ensure regulatory compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelors in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering (or other pertinent engineering discipline). MBA or Professional Engineering License is a plus.
10 to 15 years experience in manufacturing related fields with technical leadership and project management experience and experience in working in an ammonia facility.
- Managerial experience in a food manufacturing environment or food products industry, preferred.
- Experience leading continuous improvement processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven cost reduction abilities.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and understanding of plant processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of systems and technical design
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of plant processes.
- Systems and technical design knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple resources (i.e., employees, contractors, consultants, etc.).
- Strong financial and capital management skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strategic thinking capability
- Knowledge of innovations in equipment and systems