Project Managers on the iTunes Store are responsible for shipping new features. We're looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex, customer-facing projects under demanding timelines. Bonus points for new product introductions.
This is a hands-on position where the Project Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery.
Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship code which millions of customers will use.
At least 5 years of project management in software development.
A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
Naturally accountable and responsible.
Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
Strong technical proficiency: server architecture and development, SQL. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects and feature areas.
- Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent projects including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself).
- Take a role in improving how projects are run and executed on the iTunes Store team.
- Own overall cross-functional project schedules, including iTunes Store development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems.
- Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, operations and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions for partnerships, promotions and other new business.
BS or equivalent
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...