Project Managers on the iTunes Store are responsible for shipping new features. We're looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex, customer-facing projects under demanding timelines. Bonus points for new product introductions.
This is a hands-on position where the Project Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery.
Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship code which millions of customers will use.
At least 5 years of project management in software development.
A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
Naturally accountable and responsible.
Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
Strong technical proficiency: server architecture and development, SQL. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects and feature areas.
- Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent projects including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself).
- Take a role in improving how projects are run and executed on the iTunes Store team.
- Own overall cross-functional project schedules, including iTunes Store development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems.
- Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, operations and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions for partnerships, promotions and other new business.
BS or equivalent
Apple - 14 months ago
Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells...