The primary objective of this position is to assist the Preconstruction Director in developing cost estimates for clients, and reviewing the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established project budget. This position reports to and receives direction from the VP of Preconstruction and Preconstruction Directors.
• Conduct initial analysis of drawings and specifications, ensuring required information is provided.
• Provide narratives for selected portions of a project cost estimate to adequately describe scope and level of quality within an estimate.
• Research selected products from a cost and constructability perspective.
• Solicit sub-contractor pricing and bids for select trades in preparation of cost estimate.
• Review progress and construction documents for constructability. Lead and participate in discussion regarding alternate detail and materials for specific areas or trades.
• Provide and present value engineering options and costs for select trades to Preconstruction Director
• Provide detailed Scope Sheets for select trades.
• Coordinate administrative staff in sending documents to vendors.
• Highly proficient in selected software (Excel, Word, Timberline, Paydirt).
• Ability to make decisions, work independently and coordinate with Preconstruction Director.
• Ability to meet critical project deadline, willingness to coordinate and work as a Team Member.
• College degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
• Ability to read blueprints for all disciplines.
• Minimum 5 years experience in Cost Estimating/Preconstruction.
Skanska is an EEO / AA Employer
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development networks in the country, serving a
broad range of industries including healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation,
transportation, power, energy, water/wastewater and commercial. Headquartered in New York with 36 offices across the country, Skanska USA employs approximately 9,400 employees committed to sustainable construction and development and an injury-free workplace. Skanska USA Building, which specializes in building construction, and Skanska USA Civil, which focuses on civil infrastructure, generated $4.9 billion in revenue in 2011, representing 28 percent of Skanska’s global construction revenues. Development units Skanska USA Commercial Development, which invests in and develops office and multi-family projects in select U.S. markets, and Skanska Infrastructure Development Americas, which develops public-private partnerships, are both leaders in their selected markets. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.9 billion in 2011.
Skanska - 19 months ago
Skanska USA Building Inc. is a leading national and local provider of construction, pre-construction consulting, general contracting and...