This person will participate in the various product developments such as Ethernet switches, Routers, embedded FC switch, and host adapters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product.
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware compatibility.
- Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
- Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Minimum of 7 years of relavant experience is required, 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred
- A BS Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering required; MSEE preferred.
- Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Layer2/3 switching, PCIe, High Speed Serial Data links, High Speed Memory Technologies. Experience with hardware qualification practices required.
- Strong understanding of complex concepts related to architecture, design engineering, reliability, prototyping and failure analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineers and cross functional team members to meet aggressive goals and to address complex issues while maintaining high quality standards.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Be able to be effective with limited supervision and direction, setting priorities, and achieving cross-functional team results.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Good understanding of signal integrity issues, board layout, DFT/DFM and manufacturing tests.
- Must be able to troubleshoot hardware/software issues using PCI/PCIe and network analyzers
- Must be familiar with various operating systems
- Should require minimum of supervision in completing tasks and provide accurate status.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications
- Must be professional and courteous and have strong written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor during stressful situations.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Able to interact positively and productively across functions within the organization.
- Able to take ownership of responsibilities and actions, and effectively handle interpersonal relationships with others.
- Able to receive and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability and willingness to make timely decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and to consistently meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to prioritize, plan work activities, and use time efficiently.
- Able to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Able to work effectively with multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Able to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Allied Telesis - 21 months ago