Our Senior Examiner role is a remote position, and we would like interested applicants to be near a major airport for easy travel. Ideal locations include the Midwest or Northeast. This position requires up to around 50% travel, with frequent overnight stays.
The Sr. Examiner is responsible for independently conducting announced and unannounced on-site inspections of assigned LPL Financial branch offices. The branch exams are focused on the sales practices of each individual advisor and the books and records requirements of each office to ensure adherence to compliance with all applicable regulations. The Sr. Examiner will consult with branch managers, advisors and support staff and provide direction on maintaining branch offices in accordance with federal and state regulations, FINRA and other SRO regulations and LPL Financial policies and procedures.
Essential Functions :
- Responsible for independently performing all functions of branch exams, including thorough on-site evaluation of branch activities to assess/monitor compliance with company policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Conduct in-person consultations with branch manager, advisors and support staff and present the Annual Compliance Meeting to all participants, which could be an audience of 1 to 50 or more persons.
- Prepare audit letter based on deficiencies identified during branch exam and provide instructions, both verbally and in writing, to correct deficiencies and operate an office that is in compliance with all regulations. Branch exam deficiencies and investigative findings are reported to branch managers and all levels of management.
- Accountable for planning and preparation of pre-audit material, scheduling of exams, travel arrangements and managing associated expenses.
- Team leader on joint branch exams of large offices, including assignment and delegation of functions and manage the branch exam to completion.
Other Job Duties :
- Perform quality assurance review of branch exam work papers of others within the Branch Exam team.
- Train new examiners on all aspects of branch exams.
- Test computers for compliance with specific security standards and conduct investigative reviews of computer content.
- Act as internal business partner to other business units, including relationship managers and designated principals, to address issues and provide feedback.
- Confidently present and articulate the work performed during branch exams during arbitration matters, to regulators and others.
- Participate in groups and/or committees for special projects to enhance audit processes and broader firm initiatives.
- Remain current with FINRA and state regulatory issues as well as the company’s own written compliance policies and procedures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent industry experience required
- 5+ years industry experience, preferably auditing and/or compliance experience
- Series 7, 24 and 63 are required
- Additional licenses are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Technical skills sufficient to test computers for security and controls of Windows and other applications and conduct investigative review of computer content
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice
- Must be detail oriented, have an inquisitive nature, strong organization skills and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform investigative, analytical and interviewing functions and clearly document work performed
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, self-motivate and work in a remote environment
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory rules and LPL Financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrated desire to coach/mentor examiners
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
LPL Financial Services - 19 months ago