Secure Mission Solutions has an immediate need for a Sr.
Exchange Engineer. The Sr. Exchange Engineer will serve
as a member of the Navy Medicine Enterprise Services
Operations Center’s (ESOC) Domain Services team
supporting Microsoft technologies.
The Navy Medicine ESOC is an environment that supports
25 locations worldwide, operates within a 24x7 team of
engineers in support of 60,000+ users and provides Tier
This position will implement DISA/DOD technical
standards and architecture within the team and
supporting groups, and supply input to the architecture
groups. This includes participation in major technical
initiatives, providing key technical leadership in
day-to-day support and engineering functions, as well as
being a major driver in the solutions design process.
Strong professional communication skills and an ability
to lead by example both technically and organizationally
are a major component of this position.
such as Operating System life cycle management or PCI
- Lead major technical initiatives across the workgroup
and implementation process.
- Top level technical resource for the solutions design
Windows 2003 and 2008 servers.
- Support enterprise environment with Intel-based
issues at the team level.
- Serve as a technical consultant on projects.
- Serve as an escalation point for operational technical
- Participate in root cause analysis for incidents as
technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Participate in testing and evaluation of new
and provide recommendations for future initiatives.
- Stay current on industry trends and new technologies
Leadership & Communication:
- Key contributor to the Enterprise Directory Services
multiple groups to proactively address support issues.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to team members.
- Contribute to a variety of teams with members of
processes for assigned work for later reference.
- Maintain status on all assigned work.
- Evaluate and recommend process improvements.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and
communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exhibit leadership qualities and conduct business and
multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical,
understand needs, technology landscape, and changing
- Help set strategic vision for the Windows team.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to
internal and external customers supported by the team.
- Develop and maintain good trust relationships with
lines and technologies.
- Develop a solid understanding of supported product
- Understand and help define internal business
standards into technical solutions.
- Translate business requirements and architectural
until objectives are completed.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Provide consistent follow-up on incidents/changes
correlating to time accounting.
- Submit weekly time accounting.
- Submit weekly and monthly reporting of completed tasks
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident
technologies such as; Windows server (2003/2008 R2),
- 7 years of experience with Microsoft Enterprise
Exchange (2003/2010), Exchange Disaster Recovery tools,
BlackBerry Enterprise Server, IIS, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
- Strong Exchange/BES/Mail Gateway Appliances
- Powershell/Scripting/Automation skills.
- Strong track record of proven technical leadership
- Demonstrable Customer Focus attitude.
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Well versed in project management methodologies.
- Server virtualization experience.
- Understanding of storage, network, and hardware
- Understanding of web and development technologies.
Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer
and 5 years Information systems development experience
including systems analysis and design techniques for the
implementation of large-scale computer systems
preferred. High school diploma or GED and ten (10) years
of experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree
CISSP, and/or CCNA are desired.
- Certifications including MCP/MCSA/MCSE, Security +,
months. Candidate must have active DoD Secret clearance
- Must meet DoD 8570 certification requirements within 6
or ability to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance. Due to
the nature of work performed in our facility, U.S.
citizenship is required.
Secure Mission Solutions (SMS) offers outstanding
compensation and benefits including optional health,
dental and vision coverage, pre-tax savings plans,
matching 401K plan, up to $4,000 annual Tuition
Reimbursement, 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays per
About Secure Mission Solutions:
Secure Mission Solutions (SMS) is a leading provider of
full life cycle mission assurance services and
solutions. We have 15 years’ experience supporting a
wide range of government customers as a preferred
provider of end-to-end mission assurance services with a
focus on integrated security solutions. We have seen our
accomplishments grow to annual revenues of over $100
million and 500 employees throughout the United States.
SMS offers world class expertise in Information
Assurance and Cyber Security, Critical Infrastructure
Protection, Communications and Network Engineering,
Command and Control as well as Intelligence Support
services. Dedicated to the mission of those that protect
America and its citizens, SMS is proud of the support it
provides to a broad range of customers including the
Department of Defense, Army Corps of Engineers,
Department of Homeland Security and various Intelligence
Due to the nature of work performed in our facilities,
U.S. citizenship is required. Candidate must possess
active DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain an
Interim Secret Clearance to be considered for this
Secure Mission Solutions is an Equal Opportunity,
Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages
qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, and
individuals with disabilities to apply with our company.
How to Apply:
Click the “Apply” button below for immediate
If viewing this position at a site other than
www.securemissionsolutions.com or www.monster.com,
please visit the Careers section of our website and
apply for position “SMS-02-13-19A-B”
While our recruiters review all resumes submitted to
open job positions, replies will be sent only to those
candidates meeting position requirements. We thank you
Req. Code : SMS-02-13-19A-B
Division/Department : Cyber Assurance
% of Travel Required : Up to 10%
Secure Mission Solutions - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard