The SOAS position is in support of a Department of Defense organization's Command Group. The position directly supports the Director, and Deputy Director; by providing direction, assistance, and support for all operations and activities under the authority of the Director, Deputy Director and/or Division Chief, which include administrative/personnel issues or actions affecting the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Offsite meetings - need to confirm location, if clearance needs to be passed, if a specific badge is needed for entry, and if his vehicle information is needed or what the parking options are.
- Keep the Director/Deputy Director/Division Chief on time for attending meetings, and rearranging their schedules.
- Answer phones and handle routine communications for the Command Group/Division Chief.
- Schedule appointments on the calendar for Director, Deputy Director and/or Division Chief.
- Email the Director's 5-day calendar to Headquarters each day.
- Review Headquarters’ calendar daily for meetings that the Director/Deputy Director may need to know about or possibly need to attend.
- Keep the Director/Deputy Director informed concerning all incoming high level visitors touring the facility as well as a read ahead and biographies if available.
- Confirm all meetings scheduled for the next 2 days and request read ahead and or talking points, date, location, and time, badge(s) needed or confirm clearance has been received.
- Coordinate offsite meetings or visitors coming on-site for meetings.
o Visitor meetings – check on visitor log or headquarter staff list to confirm if their clearance is in the system and still active to enter the facility.
- Review calendar (check public folder calendar) to see if there are any meetings the Director/Deputy Director may need to attend, remove classified data and print calendar for the next two business days.
- Document messages as received and pass to the Director/Deputy Director between meetings.
- Provide an indexed calendar for next two days and present any conflicting issues for the next five business days, address any other miscellaneous issues that need Director/Deputy Director signature or direction.
- Apply for overseas country clearance, book travel through DTS and, review with Director/Deputy Director when travel dates have been determined.
- Input new contact name and numbers as new contacts are received.
- Work with Security team to pass clearance to offsite locations that the Director/Deputy Director will be attending.
In-depth knowledge and experience using of the Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., PowerPoint and Word, and working knowledge of the basic functions of Excel are required. The SOAS shall have experience with a variety of DoD concepts, practices, and procedures to include punctuation, spell checking, and the use of graphics in presentations. Experience in planning and accomplishing time-sensitive goals and experience performing a variety of complicated analytical tasks to support senior leadership on a regular basis.
Total experience required is 10 years. It is desired that the SOAS have five (5) years of experience providing administrative support to either Flag Officers or SES leadership personnel within a Department of Defense organization.
The ability to interact with co-workers and clients face to face and in meeting settings is required.
Education Requirements: BA or an additional 2 years’ experience.
Clearance Requirements: DOD TS/SCI
Location: Reston, VA
Travel Required: None
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
XLA, Inc. is an award-winning government services provider with more than 500 employees both domestically and internationally. Our core competencies are Program Management Support Services, Engineering & Technical Services and International Program Support Services. These core competencies define XLA. As agencies face declining budgets and a rising demand for services, XLA provides the continuous support needed to overcome those challenges.
Our employees are our top priority at XLA. We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work-life balance by providing interactive programs and comprehensive benefits that are important to today’s busy professionals.
XLA’s benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(K) with company matching, Flexible Spending, Employee Referral Bonuses and Tuition Reimbursement. In addition, XLA employees enjoy observance of all Federal holidays, a family-friendly environment and wellness programs.
Thank you for your interest in XLA, Inc.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V
XLA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting family values, integrity in the workplace, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- 23 months ago - save job