Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
The financial analyst is a key member of MD's financial planning and analysis team, and has a visible role in supporting the planning and analysis efforts. This person will be responsible for surfacing and presenting key business insights and recommendations to the finance team and senior leadership. While reporting into the finance team, this position will work closely with senior leadership to manage revenue and bookings actual reporting, forecasts and budgets for Molecular Devices world wide.
In addition, this role will be the resident expert or super user of key analytical and reporting tools such as Hyperion Enterprise and HFM, Hyperion Planning/Essbase, Oracle R12 and Qlikview), concentrating in orders, shipments, revenue, margins and backlog reporting and forecasting, but also knowledgeable in P&L and Balance Sheet reporting as well as ad hoc reporting. You will be supporting information to drive key executive decisions and be a driver of process improvement and automation of financial reporting.
Join a global, growing, and profitable company and take the next step in your career!
Global Functional Analysis:
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue and bookings reporting packages and assure timely and accurate submission to Corporate Danaher.
- Lead the “Orders-to-go” and Revenue Forecasting processes for the world-wide organization.
- Create, track and report key business performance indicators.
- Successfully maintain key financial reporting applications and lead process improvement implementations.
Key Result Areas and Accomplishment Measurements:
- Preparation, analysis and distribution of Danaher Corporate and internal management reports.
- Consolidation and reporting of worldwide results.
- Interface with regional controllers and accounting teams as well as global commercial leaders for reporting requirements, forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects designed to solve business problems and improve profitability
- Timely and accurate delivery of MD's financial results - plans, forecasts and actuals.
- Provide financial analysis and information to support Corporate Finance and Senior Leadership Team decision making.
- B.S degree in finance, accounting, or economics
- 5 - 7 years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Solid USGAAP knowledge, Revenue Recognition a must.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining financial reporting tools and software
- Advanced knowledge of financial and accounting theory as well as financial and statistical modeling techniques
- Extremely proficient with Oracle, Excel and Hyperion based applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong managerial, planning, organization and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Molecular Devices is part of the Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment of Danaher Corporation. Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 59,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.26 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website:
Finance / Accounting
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Danaher - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard