This position is an individual contributor role and will be responsible for administering the planning process at Align technology. The process involves the day to day management and optimization of the planning software tool along with other reporting and analysis software packages. This position also is responsible for creating and maintaining financial models, and analysis of financial statements and data sets. This position is customer service focused and would be partnering with financial and business professionals across the organization to help with various planning and reporting projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and streamline financial reports and models using various reporting packages
- Administer and become a subject matter expert with planning and reporting tools used at Align including: ERP, Consolidation, Planning, and Business Intelligence software packages
- Respond to questions and requests from end-users regarding the planning and reporting tools and communicate and track issue resolution
- Ability to use experience and skillset to improve and automate areas with minimal supervision
- Master the underlying database structure that feeds the general and supporting ledgers and reporting structures at Align
- Effectively partner and communicate across the business organization
- Support the global FP&A team with analysis and ad-hoc financial projects where necessary
- Create and maintain training content and classes for the financial tools used
- Help develop and monitor end-to-end financial processes for optimized planning and reporting
- Participate in cross functional finance software redesign projects
Other duties may be assigned.
- 8-10+ years of working as a financial analysts in a Financial Reporting or FP&A role in a public company with annual revenue greater than $500MM
- 5+ years administering forecast and budget cycles at a publicly held company using best of breed planning software such as Hyperion Planning, Cognos TM1, SAP Business Objects or similar solutions
- Competent understanding of GAAP
- Experience using and writing reports with Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Report Studio and a solid understanding of multi-dimensional database structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience in data conversion projects a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with large datasets to provide accurate and informative information to non-technical employees
- Intermediate understanding of database and cube designs preferred
- Experience writing queries and reports using reporting software- SQL and MDX experience is a plus
- Expert Excel capabilities including creating automated models and workbooks using formulas, look-ups, and pivot tables
- Work independently with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS in Accounting or Finance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
Regular business hours
Align Technology, Inc. is a global medical-device company that pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market with the introduction of the...