Factory Automation Engineer
- This position is responsible for the engineering support services of Fab 8 Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) department to meet production ramp goals of Fab8 and startup of Technology Development Center (TDC)
- The job entails the technical support function of the factory system and support activities required to install, operate, troubleshoot, and improve 24x7 manufacturing applications operation in a highly automated and complex factory.
- The scope of this service is performed within the CIM team, and includes computer applications for manufacturing execution, decision support, factory scheduling, equipment integration, automated material handling systems control, and process control. The CIM infrastructure is a business and technology enabler, and its reliability is essential to the productivity and financial metrics of the factory operations.
- Operational support of front-end wafer fab factory applications deployed in manufacturing in specified shift
- Application engineering of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Statistical Process Control (SPC) software, Advanced Process Control (APC), Recipe Management (RMS), Manufacturing Specification Management (ECN), User Interfaces (GUI), Databases, Business Process Management (BPM), Dispatch and Scheduling (RTD), Material Control System (MCS), Reporting Systems and other homegrown / third party apps.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and corrective action guides
- Develop test plans and carry out testing new application releases
- Plan and perform application installation during scheduled downtimes and during normal operations without downtime or production impact
- Plan and perform training classes for level one support teams to include system technicians and the IT Operation Center, and perform cross training with peer application engineers
- Performing troubleshooting and corrective actions during unscheduled application downtimes
- Working closely with IT to establish 24x7 on call support and troubleshoot factory system applications and infrastructure issues to maintain very high uptime of factory systems
- Perform per agreed-upon Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with Operations, IT, Manufacturing Technology and internal and external software suppliers
- Attain expertise in primary CIM applications as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, CIS, Engineering, or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Computer Integrated Manufacturing capacity or Information Technology in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills and able to work effectively and communicate with all levels of a global organization
- Ability to travel to worldwide manufacturing locations is required to support on the job training and collaboration, particularly during the Fab 8/ TDC ramp phase
- Ability to understand large-scale, complex system architectures
- Good knowledge of databases, programming languages (Java / .Net) and Unix/Linux scripting
- Recent experience supporting a leading-edge 300-mm-wafer factory with a high degree of automation and complexity
- Experience in deploying and supporting large-scale information systems
- Experience in Java and/or C++ programming languages
- Experience with major applications and IT components in a highly automated factory, including the Manufacturing Execution System (e.g., SiView, FAB300, FactoryWorks, Workstream, PROMIS), material control system, equipment interfaces, process control software, dispatching/scheduling applications, and common database and data replication technology (e.g., Oracle, DB2, Golden Gate)
- General experience with Linux and Windows Server running JBOSS, and tools to include log4j and SQLplus to monitor and troubleshoot the factory systems
- General experience with transport layer products and technology for communication between application systems, to include IBM MQ, CORBA implementations, HTTP, and SOAP
- Experience in interfacing with customers and suppliers
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 10 months ago