Position Code: 12-CM-066
Reports To: Vice President, Professional Services & Support
Department: Professional Services
This individual will be field-based personnel responsible for supporting CGI’s customers through the initial process of designing an experiment and selecting CGI as a provider, through the later steps of receiving, understanding, and using the data from CGI.
- Pre-sales technical and scientific discussions with customers on the potential uses of CGI-provided data in their particular area of research
- Pre-sales scientific presentations and other efforts to provide technical support to the CGI sales team
- Post-sales customer training
- Answering (by email, phone, and in person) both scientific and technical questions regarding CGI provided data (quality, scientific attributes, formats, semantics) as they may apply to the customer’s specific scientific goals
- Advising customers on the use of various software tools, workflows, and QC criteria for utilizing Complete Genomics data in for various scientific purposes
- For certain key customers and key demonstration projects, assisting and collaborating in various analyses of CGI data
- Interacting with and supporting local partners, such as those developing software for use with the Complete Genomics data
- Helping the Complete Genomics team in authoring documentation and support materials.
- Keeping abreast of community technical and scientific knowledge regarding the attributes of and approaches to using genomic sequence data.
- Writing-up detailed customer feedback for incorporation into product plans
- The Travel required is likely to be 25% of weekdays, although it could be higher at certain times.
- The individual will be working in our HQ in Mountain View or out of their home office.
- PhD or equivalent experience in Bioinformatics, Genomics or Genetics with 5+ years of experience in large-scale sequence analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of current results and trends in Genomic analysis as may be learned by reading the literature, attending seminars and conferences, scientific discussions, etc. Understanding of current studies of sequence and structural variants in both genetic analysis and in cancer genome biology.
- Hands-on skills with Linux/Unix and scripting languages. Good understanding of statistical methods as they apply to genomic and genome-wide genetic data. Strong familiarity with sequence databases and standard sequence analysis tools and methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer interaction skills and experience with managing pre-and post-sales customer situations
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics - 2 years ago
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...