Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Goodwin Procter is seeking a highly skilled Senior Financial Systems Analyst to work in our Boston office.
You should know that working at Goodwin Procter is more than a career decision. It’s an opportunity to satisfy your professional goals and your intellectual curiosity. As part of the professional team here, you’ll have opportunities to share your ideas and participate in challenging, leading edge work. You’ll find professional development and training opportunities, a commitment to diversity, and a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. We’ll provide you with the tools and support needed to create your own path: one that is interesting, stimulating, and rewarding.
About this role:
As a member of the Financial Application Support Team (FAST), you will be responsible for the support, maintenance, development and implementation of the firm’s financial systems. These systems currently include, AderantExpert, LegalKEY, DTE, Legal55, Copitrak, ARCS, ExpertImage, BudgetManager, Metastorm and the financial systems warehouse.
You will focus on:
- Providing support for our financial and conflict of interest systems; specifically, you will perform first level support for internal Finance and Conflicts Department users and second level support for users outside of Finance.
- Developing reports; writing SQL code (script) to generate reports and data extracts, modify or develop inquiries and forms and customize Aderant Expert.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with scheduled daily and monthly processing.
- Assisting with the design, development and validation of financial reporting.
- Assisting with the selection, planning, testing, implementation and integration of 3rd party applications and interfaces.
- Training and developing less experienced developers and analysts as their work relates to the firm’s financial systems.
- Keeping abreast of technical and business industry trends.
- Preparing written communications for tasks/projects and delivering presentations to a wide range of audiences.
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- 5 -7 years of related financial systems, applications, database, Windows Server 2003, T-SQL and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience in a professional service organization: law firm experience preferred.
- Exposure to workflow tools, preferably Metastorm.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills. Must be able to effectively communication with users as well as non-technical audiences.
Goodwin Procter LLP - 20 months ago
One of the largest law firms in Beantown, Goodwin Procter has branched beyond its Boston roots to establish offices on the East and West...