Summary: Provides strategic decision analysis and financial modeling of operating results, new business initiatives, M&A, and business planning. The majority of the work will be M&A in nature. This highly visible position interacts directly with the executive management of the company (CEO, CFO, COO, SVP's, etc.) in providing high quality, accurate work products within tight timeframes related to the most strategic corporate priorities. This is an individual contributor role but may supervisor analyst(s) as needed.
· Supports strategic projects as assigned including M&A, long range planning, capital structure analysis, etc
. · Participates actively in the due diligence of acquisitions and managing aspects of post acquisition integration.
· Analyzes joint-venture opportunities and prepares business cases and presentations. Leads strategic analysis and business planning processes; develops forecasts of business volumes and operating levels, and compiles competitive analyses.
· Analyzes operating results; designs, develops and uses financial modeling methodologies.
· Provides advanced knowledge and financial consultation to key stakeholders.
· Develops and provides reporting metric indicators of key operational activity.
· Provides expertise in independently addressing complex opportunities in support of the business priorities.
· Proactively supports and builds successful business partnerships between the business unit and Finance.
· Demonstrates solid command of the operational and financial context of the business.
· Identifies and articulates improvement initiatives aligned with business priorities.
· BS / BA degree in finance or related field.
· 4 - 8 years of relevant financial experience with a minimum of 2 years investment banking or corporate financial consulting experience (i.e., bulge bracket investment banks / named consulting firms), corporate development or private equity; M&A or leverage finance experience preferred
. · Advanced financial modeling expertise required
. · Experience in finance, accounting, business development/M&A, and strategic planning.
· Solid experience in developing business cases and presentations
. · Strong communication and management skills.
· Customer service orientation and leadership/influencing skills
. · Strong orientation toward driving results.
· Navigates effectively in a changing environment where competing priorities require flexibility and agility.
· Detail oriented.
Ports America - 16 months ago