This role will be responsible to perform accounting, reporting and analysis for the Derivative Accounting Group. The main focus will be on report writing using the Web Focus Business Developer Tool (coding as well as report writing)
•Assist in month-end close procedures including accounting data reconciliation between general ledger, derivatives sub-system, data warehouse and core data sets
•Perform Hedge effectiveness testing to evaluate eligibility for effective hedge accounting treatment
•Utilize Web-based report development tool (Webfocus Business Developer Tool) to produce monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deliverables including 10-K and 10-Q and statutory reporting related to derivative financial instruments.
•Perform variance analysis to explain balance sheet and income statement movements under US GAAP, IFRS and Statutory accounting bases related to derivatives activities.
•Ensure department documentation is compliant with internal policies and Sarbanes-Oxley
•Evaluate current processes and participate in process improvement projects
•Facilitate internal and external audits of derivatives
•Participate in cross-training of key functional areas
Who is our ideal candidate?
•Strong knowledge of Webfocus Business Developer Tool and multiple years of experience in developing automated reports and analytics using large data sets.
•Strong computer and automation skills, including strong proficiency in Excel spreadsheet functionality and Microsoft Access.
•Project management and systems analysis experience.
•Superior organization and communication skills, and ability to operate in a complex and dynamic environment.
•Knowledge of investment accounting process including derivative financial instruments (both Over the Counter and exchange traded).
What else can we tell you?
At ING, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on Powers Ferry Road in Atlanta, a convenient commute from most metro areas. The office includes a corporate gym, on-site cafeteria, free parking, leading edge technology, and much, much more. Business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING U.S. is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. ING U.S. has been recognized for many of our diversity practices:
• ING U.S. has earned a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Corporate Equality Index for seven straight years (2007-2013).
• ING U.S. has received a Catalyst Award that honors exceptional initiatives from companies that support and advance women in business.
• Diversity Inc Noteworthy Top 25 Companies (2011)
• National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Financial Services Diversity Corporation of the Year, 2011 "
Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm .
If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
- 18 months ago - save job
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...