EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting required; Masters/MBA/Professional certifications highly desirable.
Minimum of 6-10 years Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)/financial reporting experience in the Financial Services industry; Mortgage Servicing and/or Originations Mortgage experience highly desirable.
Proficiency with database software (e.g. Access), spreadsheet/modeling expert (Excel), and General Ledger software (NAV) or functionally similar applications. Ability to develop SQL queries a plus.
This Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) role is responsible for managing P&L reporting, forecasting, budgeting, modeling, analysis, and related process improvement initiatives. The candidate will be a key finance partner for one of several originations channels (retail, wholesale, direct or correspondent).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Ownership of P&L development, forecasting, business analysis and senior management review.
2. Manage monthly closing processes; coordinate revenue and expense accounting adjustments with Accounting.
3. Facilitate business analysis and process improvement efforts. Make and drive recommendations for action and/or improvement.
4. Support the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) process through the measurement and analysis of business revenue and expense drivers.
5. Manage the preparation, timeline, and distribution of monthly and ad hoc performance reports.
6. Manage the development, dissemination, ongoing improvement and automation of key daily and monthly reports.
7. Proactively identify, track, and analyze key financial and non-financial business metrics; with the goal of driving business decisions and operational results.
8. Demonstrate a strong understanding of Nationstar’s business model and competitive/benchmark landscape; recommend and drive best practice adoption.
9. Build financial models to support management decision making and alignment across functional areas.
10. Assist with due diligence on future portfolio acquisition opportunities.
11. Identify and drive best practices, standardization, report automation, and process improvement across all aspects of planning/budgeting and financial reporting.
12. Ensure a regulatory compliance mindset pervades everything we do.
Nationstar Mortgage - 20 months ago
Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage loans...