Netflix is developing cutting edge cloud computing systems to drive the business transition to video streaming for our rapidly expanding list of consumer electronics and mobile devices. We’re looking for the best and brightest to drive the analytics for key strategic technology decisions. The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) – Technology will be responsible for strategic business analysis and forecasting for the technology (both corporate and product related) infrastructure and engineering groups within Netflix. Senior management heavily depends on the FP&A group to accurately track trends in performance and identify opportunities for improvement, and the outcome of FP&A analyses is usually a significant factor in making important and strategic decisions.
This role will reside in the Company’s corporate headquarters in Los Gatos and report to a Senior Manager within FP&A.
The role will be responsible for supporting financial planning and analysis for technology related areas of Netflix.
- Maintain short and long term financial cost forecast for product and corporate related technology divisions. Potential areas include Corporate Information Technology, Cloud Infrastructure, and Digital Supply Chain Operations
- Continuously improve group’s financial modeling techniques and tools
- Create financial reconciliations for monthly and quarterly financials working with business owners to detail sources of positive and negative variances
- Report and support financial metrics and KPIs through weekly dashboards
- Drive cross-functional efficiency, data capture and strategic initiatives playing part of facilitator, problem solver, and information distributor
- Assist in monthly and quarterly close operations with specific regard to accrual development
- Provide financial and strategic ad hoc analyses to FP&A and Netflix senior management
Candidates are required to be highly numerate, analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Prior experience work experience in banking or consulting in addition to technical education is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and statistical analysis, including the use of supporting tools.
The successful candidate must be comfortable supporting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He/ She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
This position requires both the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team. Additionally, this position requires fulfillment of both tactical and higher level responsibilities.
Attributes sought in candidates:
- 2+ years in an analytical role at a management consulting or investment banking firm OR equivalent analytical experience
- Experience working as a business partner with technical teams
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and finance principles
- Proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
- Some familiarity with large scale ERP systems
- Proficiency presenting analyses to executives/ senior management
- Bachelors degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence
- Recent MBA graduates with a technical background will be considered
An attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), and comprehensive benefits will be offered to the selected candidate.
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...