State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Sr. Financial Analyst (R&D)
Job ID: 3805
Role purpose :
Support the Research & Development (R&D) organization as the Finance Business Partner, influencing the business strategy and decision making by providing financial expertise and challenging business views.
- Build an effective and collaborative partnership with assigned Business Unit to ensure that all financial needs regarding daily operations, budget and portfolio are met.
- Develop relationship with related regional/global business manangers and financial controller to allow for optimal communication flows and visibility of results and issues on site.
- Support delivery of the R&D strategy through active participation in operational excellence initiatives
- Understand key cost drivers as a basis for developing accurate budgets and latest estimate forecasts.
- Work effectively with assigned cost center managers in managing department spend.
- Analyze actual to planned variances and prepare monthly commentary and management presentations.
- Work together with Legal and assigned business units to understand and correctly account for collaborations and other related contracts.
- Manage the capital project requests for assigned cost centers including project team involvement in the larger capital projects.
- Understand and align budget information with the R&D Portfolio planning tool.
- Train science community on financial matters as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Senior Business Controller
- Lead / coordinate initiatives to design and implement new ways of working across the R&D Finance team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Master’s degree or CPA preferred
- A minimum of 7 years accounting/finance experience
- Business partnering experience required
- Experience preparing company budgets
- Experience with multi-site, complex environments
- Ability to generate and communicate ad hoc financial analysis
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use analytical and business case development skills to identify and drive process improvement.
- Ability to anticipate problems and challenge management decisions.
- Attention to detail and quality processes.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work well with groups or in teams.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel (required)
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion strongly preferred.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Communicates inspirationally
- Steps beyond comfort zones
- Fosters a culture of creativity and innovation
- Focuses energy on must wins
- Manages performance to high standards
- Develops self and others
- Recognizes and celebrates success
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Strong financial acumen with business partnering skills and experience to support and challenge business decisions.
- Adaptable to changing situations with ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to simplify complex data and give clarity to the information.
- Ability and willingness to challenge existing processes toward driving positive change in the organization.
- Meeting deadlines with accuracy is essential.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Must sign a non-compete if offered this position.
Syngenta - 2 years ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...