To provide managerial support to Treasury Manager in oversight of Company-wide operational liquidity management and analysis.
- Forecast company-wide, short-term and long-term cash flows by modeling forecast p&l projections on a cash flow basis. Prepare variance reporting that highlights forecast vs. actual quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Provide periodic treasury flash reporting and covenant compliance reporting.
- Assist with capital expenditure review and analysis required for approval of capital expenditures.
- Provide performance reporting for treasury management activities (e.g. departmental budget, cash balance reporting, bank fee analysis).
- Assist with the preparation of Board reporting and provide analytical support for adhoc projects (e.g., cost of capital analysis).
- Assist with the management and continual modification of The New York Times Company’s corporate funds management system (company-wide cash collection and disbursement systems).
- Work with various internal customers to ensure success of various corporate initiatives on company-wide cash management related issues.
- Responsible for assessing costs saving opportunities and oversee the implementation of related initiatives.
- Oversee and maintain company treasury workstation and bank interface software (e.g., Kyriba, JP Morgan Access).
- Oversee shared service center month-end reconciliation, closing and reporting procedures for cash management activity.
- Ensure that the Company policy and procedures relating to cash management is adhered to and ensure that adequate controls are in place.
- Maintain cash management banking relations with senior cash management officers.
- Serve as point of contact for auditors and SOX related activities.
- Assist with the execution of short-term funding/investing and foreign currency activity.
- Monitor investment and funding programs to ensure compliance with policies and covenants.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
The individual should have strong analytical, communication, organization and computer skills (Excel and Word) . An MBA or equivalent degree and CTP certification is preferred.
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com , BostonGlobe.com , Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company - 16 months ago