Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, free coffee, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for providing financial analysis support for the company’s Product Management and R&D leaders, developing and managing business reviews, conducting comprehensive financial analysis on financial and operating results, and preparing month end adjustments as needed. You will report directly to the Director of Product Management & R&D. The position will be located in Malvern, PA. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian.
You will add value by:
- Establishing and supporting business reviews process with each business group.
- Summarizing complex data into concise and key information for senior management decision making.
- Coordinating efforts of business analysts to provide explanations on variance discrepancies in the monthly results.
- Assisting with design of financial reports and models to improve forecast accuracy and understanding of financial information.
- Participating in the formulation of the annual budget process and monthly reforecast for Product Management and R&D functional areas.
- Analyzing monthly projected headcount, facilities and corporate support services
- Preparing monthly capital expenditures and requisitions.
- Participating in system enhancement projects that result in reporting and analysis efficiencies.
- Performing ad hoc analysis as requested by management.
- Conducting special financial and business related studies as requested.
- Assisting with preparation of executive and board presentation materials.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum 7 years work experience with at least 3 years of financial analysis experience with increasing responsibilities.
- CPA a plus, but not required.
- Experience and very strong knowledge of capitalized software accounting policies is required.
- Experience in the software industry and knowledge of software accounting.
- Extensive experience with financial and business forecast modeling
- Experience presenting information and responding to questions from senior and executive level management.
- Experience with developing, compiling and preparing key performance metrics.
- Understanding and general knowledge of financial accounting and analytical and estimation techniques.
- Experience demonstrating skill assessing corporate budget systems and making recommendations for changes.
- Experience demonstrating skill identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Requires proficiency in SAP BPC, MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Ellucian. - 11 months ago
Ellucian provides education institutions with the innovative solutions they need to help people everywhere discover their futures through...