Sr. Financial Analyst
- Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), is a premier paperboard packaging company serving the food, beverage and consumer product markets. We also are a leading producer of labels, bags and specialty packaging. Our packaging is used everyday by many of the world’s best-known brands and our growing markets include microwave packaging, heat-transfer labels and sustainable packaging.
We believe that our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering true value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and by being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Headquartered near Atlanta, Georgia, in the U.S., Graphic Packaging has over 15,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefit offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position supports the manager and business management by providing operations analysis, and cost accounting; by directly participating in the business planning process; and by developing, implementing and interpreting corporate financial policy.
A principal activity of the position is to support the manager and operations by ensuring effective business and financial planning and by ensuring that management accounting and control systems are both effective and efficient. The incumbent participates in the analysis and reporting of actual, plan and forecast operating results, works closely with the mill controllers to ensure standard reporting and operating practices.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively participate with the Finance Manager in the formulation of business strategies, objectives and business and financial plans for Paperboard Operations by providing information, analysis, counsel and recommendations in support of the division’s annual and long-range budgeting and forecast processes.
- Establish, maintain and operate manufacturing cost control policies, procedures and systems that will provide timely, accurate and meaningful data to assist operating management in control of operations.
- Prepare and/or review the financial analyses of proposed projects to permit sound business decisions and to evaluate the results of completed appropriations.
- Work closely with the mill controllers to understand the monthly results.
- Ensure application of established financial controls within area of responsibility by effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies/processes and instructions.
- Provides information that assists with the preparation of presentations to the Board of Directors and the investment community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Act as a backup for the Manager Finance.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The incumbent should have a broad appreciation and understanding of economics, finance, business management and the interrelationships among these disciplines, as well as a thorough knowledge of cost accounting and general accounting operations.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience which includes exposure to manufacturing operations and business analysis and will have demonstrated strengths in analysis, planning and forecasting and interpersonal skills.
- Accounting or Finance degree with 7+ yrs experience
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills, detail orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions. Takes initiative and is self-directed.
- High level of integrity to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- Can work independently without a great need of supervision.
- Can manage multiple projects at one time.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access. SAP knowledge required.
- Occasional travel.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Graphic Packaging - 17 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...