Job Title |
Management Reporting Consultant
Windsor - CT
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
This position will be a part of the US IT Finance Reporting and Information Management Team, supporting ING’s technology division.
This position would play a lead role in Reporting — specifically defining new reports, enhancing existing reports and automating all Activity Based reporting. This role will be heavily engaged with both IT Finance team members as well as IT customers, to gather, understand and prioritize reporting requirements, and then work to gain approval on reports produced as a result of those requirements.
• Lead role in defining, enhancing and automating Activity Based Reporting
• Support US IT Finance teams in managing their Customer Portfolios by providing insight into Reporting and data
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting and measurement of financials, as well as raising financial risks, through analysis, in a timely manner
• Assist in developing, automating, documenting and implementing US IT Finance processes
Who is our ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
BA/BS in Finance/Accounting, 2+ years of progressive Finance and Accounting experience including budgeting, forecasting, and monthly accounting/closing processes
•Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Results driven, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
•Technical Knowledge - Solid knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and for fairness and accuracy of reporting business/financial information.
• Strong understanding of IT and IT Solution Delivery Life Cycle – broad knowledge and understanding of IT Projects and IT Infrastructure.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of the organization
•Strong Facilitation Skills. Ability to ask tough questions and help drive decisions
•Strong self starter with a sense of urgency to providing quality solutions
•Strong to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
•Strong knowledge of PeopleSoft, Essbase, Hyperion, Clarity, and SQL / Microsoft SQL Server.
What else can we tell you?
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 7 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...