Job Title Sr. Financial Analyst
Windsor - CT
Individual Markets - Mgmt. Reporting & Bus. analys
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary commensurate with experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Our Senior Financial Analyst will perform consultative, data aggregation and analytical activities to support the achievement of Individual Market’s metrics and ING U.S. Retirement Readiness Strategy.
1. Coordinates with Individual Markets (IM) Finance on the development and administration of the IM Economic Model. Works across functional areas of marketing, sales, operations, IT and Finance to gather data/assumptions to model IM operational pipeline and outcomes in support of business decisions and annual MTP development. Analyzes results of modeling and provides observations for adjustments to business model, financial projections and/or management interpretation. Maintains all assumptions used in Economic Model and capacity modeling. Member of Retirement Readiness Strategy and Implementation teams to run modeling and report monthly on actuals vs. model assumptions and variances thereof.
2. Consults with head of Investor Channel on phone distribution business model: activities, results, and efficiency / productivity improvement within the sales teams. Provides data and consulting for ad hoc requests on initiatives within Investor Channel. Supports go/no go decisions on business opportunities within Retirement Solutions plan sponsor book of business as well as affinity group prospects.
3. Works with Tax Exempt and Institutional Markets to capture assumptions that help evaluate renewals or RFPs that include RR offering.
4. Provides projections and consulting on targets for Access portion of the Retirement Solutions Scorecard. Reports monthly results.
5. Assists other analysts, consultants and managers with complex data aggregation and interpretation across multiple source engines across Retirement Solutions.
6. Conducts special studies to gather and analyze complex business operations and potential economic opportunities.
7. Ad hoc sales reporting that can include bringing in associated data across admin engines and commission systems.
8. Establishes, modifies, documents and maintains process methods and control procedures.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Who is our ideal candidate?
What else can we tell you?
- Bachelors degree, good understanding of finance principles/modeling methodologies
- PC skills, proficient in word, excel, access/data base management (spreadsheet packages)
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Works well independently, as a single contributor but within matrixed team to achieve goals
- 5+ years ING U.S. Retirement Solutions Business (Tax Exempt, Institutional or Individual Markets) or Shared Service (Finance, Marketing and/or IT)
- Working knowledge of ING U.S. Retirement Solutions systems
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 16 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...