Meggitt Aerospace is seeking a high energy, high aptitude finance professional to join our finance team. The successful candidate will help drive the company through the preparation and execution of a facility move from Duarte to Simi Valley in Q3 of 2013. The following are key objectives for the Financial Analyst position:
1. Prepare analysis between current and prior periods, plan-to-actual variances, rolling forecasts, quarterly re-forecasts, and forecast-to-actual comparisons for the senior management.
2. Responsible for the preparation of strategic plan, budget and forecast for the division
3. Consolidation and reporting of the strategic plan, budget, forecast and monthly financial results for the division and group.
4. Prepare and analyze various departmental budget-to-actual variance reports on a monthly basis which may include meeting with the responsible manager(s) and providing additional information.
5. Compile and analyze sales and gross margin by product line and market segment.
6. Create and produce a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statement, key performance indicators and analysis of key business trends
7. Assist in month end close and performs special projects upon request from all levels of management
Other Essential Duties and responsibilites include the following:
Education and Experience:
- Full month-end close responsibilities and financial statement analysis
- Responsible for maintaining fixed assets, capital justification and pay back analysis
- Strong understanding of cost, pricing and project accounting
- Project tracking, variances actual vs. proposal/budget.
- Assist in the preparation of strategic plan, budget, forecast and variance analysis
- Sales/use tax returns, property taxes and tax schedules to corporate
- Working with internal and external auditors.
- Maintains and updates Sarbanes-Oxley processes.
- Analyze revenue, cost and expense reports. Lead monthly expense variances meetings
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly/year-end management reports.
- Analyze and review data submitted by divisions and business units
- Reconcile and maintains inter-company transactions
- Cash management and bank reconciliation
- Provide financial support for management Projects
- Analyze revenue and profitability of customer segments
- Perform monthly variance analysis during the close process
- Identify, evaluate, and implement efficiencies within the reporting processes.
- Mid-month forecast tracking
- Prepares financial analysis necessary for decisions on capital investments, customer bids and proposals, pricing and other financial issues.
Personal Trait Profile:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 to 8 years of experience in cost and general ledger. Experience with FAR/CAS preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and experience in complex accounting processes and analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
- Team Player and strong technical skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Internal: The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Finance.
- External: Interface with other pacific scientific divisions, customers/vendors, corporate, bank and tax department
Meggitt - 13 months ago