Edison Mission Energy ("EME") is an independent power producer engaged in developing, acquiring, owning, leasing, and operating electric generating facilities. EME is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (EIX), a publicly traded corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Responsible for the long-term planning, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes of domestic power projects. Maintains/builds financial models to support planning/budgeting/forecasting processes and perform analysis of actual versus projected results.
- Utilize Hyperion Strategic Finance, SAP and MS Excel to expand and maintain existing long-term financial models for energy assets
- Integrate commercial and financing structures into models
- Understand financial structures including leases, term loans and bonds to model proper accounting and support deal structuring
- Understand regulatory and government requirements in each jurisdiction in which the power markets operate
- Understand ISO rules and market structure to determine impact to project finance-ability
- Prepare monthly financial forecast and detailed variance analysis
- Prepare annual budgets and presentation packages
- Support Market Analysis and Risk Management's dispatch estimates by providing necessary inputs on plant characteristics and cost
- Support broader Treasury functions by monitoring liquidity needs and financial covenants
- Provide analytical support for special projects including financing activities, capital project reviews, fuel planning and new developments
- Track project costs and conduct other finance related ad-hoc projects as needed
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or equivalent is required. MBA is strongly preferred. CPA or equivalent work experience in technical accounting matters is required. Minimum of five years financial planning and analysis experience (Reporting, Budgeting & Forecasting). Relevant industry experience is a significant plus. Use of Hyperion Strategic Finance a significant plus. Experience utilizing SAP data warehousing tools to manage the integrity of data with data warehouses is required. Experience working alongside key functional group managers in a supporting role is required.
Strong quantitative skills, proficiency in creating and maintaining financial models and a demonstrated ability to interpret complex business issues
Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statement analysis and a working knowledge of tax issues
Ability to distill complex issues down to their essence and translate such thinking into modeling and written/verbal communications
Ability to work independently and with a team is critical, as is the ability to meet deadlines
Prior experience should include financial modeling using DCF and Comparables financial valuation techniques/methods
Midwest Generation - 17 months ago