As a member of the Ceded Reinsurance Unit within the Finance Department, you will be responsible for rendering monthly account statements on captive reinsurance programs. Prepare property and casualty reinsurance proposals. Review and finalize reinsurance contract documentation for management approval in accordance with the negotiated terms of the contract. You will also function as a claims contact for reinsurance partners and liaison with PMA claims department in this function.
- Monitor progression of insurance claims for treaty and facultative reinsurance reporting/updating/billing purposes including responding to reinsurer inquiries
- Prepare monthly account statements on captive reinsurance programs
- Prepare quarterly analysis of 10 years of treaty experience
- Ensure adherence to reinsurance security guidelines
- Assist in preparation of reinsurance proposals
- Assist in review, documentation and finalization of treaty contracts
- Maintain dialogue with Underwriting to ascertain reinsurance treaty coverage needs
- Assist reinsurance accounting and actuarial departments on commutations
- Schedule and manage reinsurance audits
- Coordinate special projects involving data analysis as necessary
- Administer financial procedures relating to facultative reinsurance purchases
- Complete monthly general ledger entries.
As a leader in the property and casualty insurance industry with multiple locations, our clients choose PMA Companies because we understand that excellent service begins with our employees. Our working relationships with clients are marked by professionalism, execution and accountability and our company culture is centered on teamwork. This combination has created a supportive work environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required, ARM, ARe, CPCU designations are a plus
- Four years experience in underwriting, claims or accounting with focus on reinsurance required
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical skills, demonstrated problem solving skills, time management skills and relationship building skills are needed in this position
- Experience in managing project is a strong plus
- Strong computer skills with intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word as well as Lotus Notes
- Ability to work independently and develop creative solutions to workflow and other operational challenges is needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
We offer a very competitive compensation package including a 401(k) with dollar for dollar match on the first 5% of salary; tuition reimbursement and much more!