For the fourth year in a row, as part of an independent survey, Sargento was voted as one of the top places to work in Southeastern Wisconsin. In fact, Sargento has been recognized among the top places to work across the nation! That's because, we hire good people and treat them like family.
And at Sargento you'll be in a highly visible position in a company big enough to be a national brand leader but small enough for you to feel at home and let you make an impact.
Our rewards include a competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and generous 401(k) and profit sharing benefits. Sargento offers its employees work-life balance and a unique, values-based culture that makes us recognized as an area employer of choice.
Responsible for performing analysis, reconciliations and journal entries to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of actual and budgeted financial statements for internal and external reporting purposes. Additionally, provides financial analytical support to management in an accurate and customer-focused manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Month End Close
• Oversees and assigns tasks during the preparation of the monthly "Financial Book", performing appropriate analysis to determine reasonableness of the reported results.
• Perform various functions in the month-end closing process that includes but are not limited to journal entry preparation and input, settling internal orders and assessing cost centers, reconcile COGS.
• Proactively investigate variances as identified or as requested on any of the general ledger accounts and make any necessary corrections. Perform education of others to provide understanding of errors and or inconsistencies.
• Analyze monthly financial results vs. budget and prior periods while providing key driver explanations to variances.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
• Assist the Assistant Controller in maintaining the general ledger and ensuring that financial transactions are applied accurately and in a timely manner. Review the financial entries of non-accounting personnel for proper assignment to general ledger accounts and cost centers.
• Analyze and reconcile designated general ledger accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis.
• Answer questions on financial information presented.
• Perform audits of financial transactions as requested by the Assistant Controller and/or the Controller or as necessary to ensure accurate financial statement reporting.
• Support the financial reporting needs of management by preparing select divisional reports on a monthly basis and responding to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
• Maintain a high level of proficiency and understanding on how financial transactions flow through SAP, BW and BPC in order to assure accurate financial reporting and to assist in troubleshooting inconsistencies and inaccuracies.
• Maintain and modify financial report templates and reports in BPC and/or SAP as required.
• Maintain strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and BPC for reporting, analysis and input templates.
• Be a "superuser" for SAP financial reporting as well as BPC report writing. Act as a backup, when necessary, to the Senior BPC Administrator.
• Develop BPC reports and input templates for others as needed.
• Analyze complex processes to provide summarized understanding as well as optimization/efficiency recommendations.
• Provide ‘day-to-day' project management oversight to departmental initiatives.
• Assist the Assistant Controller in coordinating the annual financial audit.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget which includes, but is not limited to, coordinating and reviewing many of the shared cost center budgets.
• Organize and/or update existing audit work papers as well as prepare new work papers as requested for the annual financial audit.
• Serve as a resource during the annual financial audit, investigating and responding or escalating to inquiries in a timely manner.
• Assists the Controller and Assistant Controller with special projects as requested.
• Continually look for ways to streamline processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Sargento Foods Inc. is in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university, minimum of three years financial reporting experience and CPA required. Masters degree preferred.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to question from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
Strong analytical, financial and problem solving skills are required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Extensive spreadsheet skills and experience with a fully integrated business system. Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to work within a team environment.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.