The Senior Financial Analyst position will be responsible for the preparation of detailed economic proforma and business valuation models, planning and analysis support of business lines, and the preparation and review of financial information to assist in the analysis of complex business opportunities.
The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to take responsibility for key Financial Strategy and Analysis initiatives and to take a senior role in mentoring and supervising the work of Financial Analysts. Work will be supervised by Managers of Financial Analysis and the VP of Financial Strategy and Analysis.
- Supervision and review of Financial Analyst work.
- Determine key assumptions and project objectives.
- Direct preparation of budgets and long term business forecasts.
- Analysis of business performance relative to budget metrics and prior periods.
- Business line support in analyzing and prioritizing projects.
- Analysis and diligence related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Preparation of detailed economic pro forma and business valuation models.
- Preparation and review financial information for completeness and accuracy for use in analyzing complex business opportunities.
- Communication with senior leadership and external stake holders on the results of economic analysis.
- Ability to work with internal and external professionals, such as senior leadership team members, product line leaders, and investment bankers, private equity investors and lenders, to reflect technical aspects of complex projects in an economic pro forma.
- Ability to understand financing documents, project documents, and contracts.
- Research of credit issues using publicly available information.
- Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is required.
- Self-Starter - The Senior Financial Analyst can work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. He/she does not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. He/she is a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. He/she works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
- Effective Communication Skills - The Senior Financial Analyst uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is honest, candid, clear and concise in communication. He/she uses appropriate style, tone and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended audience.
- Leadership/Team Orientation - The Senior Financial Analyst displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization’s success. He/she effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills. He/she effectively mentors and leads others on the team.
- Technical Skills - The Senior Financial Analyst holds him/herself and others to high standards. He/she proactively strives to stay ahead of technical expertise.
- Work experience in, or knowledge of, the energy industry is preferred but not required.
- Excellent Excel and other office software ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills—must be detail oriented.
- High level of assertiveness, initiative, interpersonal skills, and flexibility to perform a wide variety of projects with an unpredictable schedule and periodic short deadlines.
- Ability to act independently.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential and sensitive company information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field AND 5-8 years of related work experience OR an MBA in Finance 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Valerus - 17 months ago
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...