Barnes Group Inc. - Our Corporate Finance team at Barnes Group Inc. (NYSE: B), with 2012 sales of $1.2 billion, is seeking a h igh energy business partner with excellent accounting knowledge and experience to serve as Senior FP&A supporting Corporate Senior Leadership Team. The role of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function is to provide accurate, timely, high quality financial analysis and advice to decision-makers, drive profitability and accountability to plan commitments and includes Traditional Planning and Forecasting, New business modeling, and Analysis - Independent view of operations and results. FP&A is responsible for developing and linking the strategy of the Organization and its major units to its long range and annual operating and capital budgets. We are seeking an individual interested in broad exposure to all operations within Barnes, and ability/desire to leverage experience for progressive roles within BGI businesses.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
Key Core Responsibilities:
- Perform active financial analysis, including assisting with generating recurring and non-recurring reports, graphs, metrics, analysis including financial statement review, preparing monthly P/L forecasts, actual vs. budget expense variance review, scenario modeling, gross margin analysis, benchmarking, etc. – both quantitative/qualitative.
- Will be responsible for assisting with development of the strategic plan, maintenance and distribution of recurring reports, and preparing forecasts. Take a leadership role in all financial analysis and planning for businesses.
- Work closely with senior financial management and other corporate office personnel on special projects (financial, operational), board of directors materials, etc. as requested.
- Serve as a dynamic driver of continuous and measurable improvement in the company’s financial and operational process and practices, through a combination of analysis and interpersonal skills working with the businesses.
- Develop reports for management including financial analysis summarizing results and forecasts of the business activity and financial positions in the areas of cash, income, expenses, and earnings based on the past, present and expected operations. Responsibilities to include risk & opportunity assessments.
- Building a set of analytical resources, meaningful reporting, and methodologies to enhance decision-making support.
- Serve as pointperson supporting logistics and standard work around major growth initiatives, such as business growth in foreign jurisdictions, legal entity setup, etc.
- Support business development/acquisitions in deal generation, managing incoming flow of potential acquisition opportunities, and valuation. Includes market research & strategic fit assessment.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, ability to convert raw data into management analyses.
- Continuous improvement and customer-service orientation: data-driven, analytical approach to problem solving, leading to sound decisions, systematic improvements and sustainable results.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and change that comes in preparing financial projections in a growth-oriented business
- Understanding of lean principles and experience documenting standard work.
- Experience with analyzing business plans, including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flows.
- Excellent analytical skills to encompass problem identification, evaluation and solution. High attention to detail.
- Previous acquisition due diligence and integration experience, as well as project management, a plus.
- Highest degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
- This position requires a bright, high energy, change agent with proven ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with all levels.
- Flexibility; Willingness to travel 5-15%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA or CPA/CMA preferred.
- 7+years Accounting/Finance experience, to include FP&A, manufacturing environment, and working with KPIs.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard