Make a Difference
Senior Financial Specialist – Various
Parsons is an industry leader in delivering technology driven solutions to promote safer, healthier and sustainable world class infrastructure to communities throughout the world. Our landmark projects and capital improvement programs support global initiatives in infrastructure, water, energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, and communications. We are hiring colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on professional challenges in a high energy environment.
Complete a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard accounting techniques and principles. He/she must be a self-starting individual motivated in establishing processes and practices to improve efficiencies in finance functions.
His/her primary function will be to support our Business Unit, Divisions, Sectors and Projects by providing financial support services in areas of Proposal and Project Startup, Project Execution, and Reporting.
It is anticipated that the Financial Specialist may perform a variety of tasks among the following:
Additional responsibilities will be to participate in the continuing development and communication of service and functions to our internal customers such as:
- Support proposals by helping with pricing review, cash flow analyses, financial reviews of partners, vendors or potential clients
- Review job opening documentation and conducting finance project startup meetings to ensure key financial information about projects is documented and planned for before the project begins
- Provides supporting activities in the monthly close process such as ensuring revenue recognition and financial reporting tasks are performed in compliance with corporate standards
- Provide support to the project team during the execution phase of the project by providing financial information for project reviews, troubleshooting financial, forecasting, accounts receivable, and billing issues
- Generates and analyzes periodic financial and statistical reports
- Design and prepare reports using tools such as SSRS, Excel, MSAccess, Sharepoint, MSQuery
- Analyzes facts and conditions to identify, develop, or recommend identifying new controls, process improvements, efficiencies, and cost savings to the Business Unit
- Communicates, interfaces, and coordinates with other Finance and Accounting personnel, Project Managers, Contracts and Procurement personnel, Human Resources, Project Controls, Management, and other staff in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Help to develop training materials, presentations, and documentation relative to finance support to the Business Unit
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and reports.
- Provide support to assist users in data query requests using tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access to process external data sources
- May complete special assignments for operations, division, or management
- Assists the Director of Finance as required.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent) and 8-10 years of related work experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of Parsons systems, policies, procedures, and processes are desired.
Requires proficiency in PC software packages typically associated with accounting
The successful candidate will have a professional attitude and commitment to see tasks to culmination with quality results. Requires a passion for learning new technologies and finding better solutions. Must be resourceful with excellent analytical, problem solving skills to help identify problems and resolve issues. The candidate must have the proven ability to work effectively alone, as a team member, or as a team leader in a distributed, team-oriented environment. The incumbent must have the discernment to know when to approach issues from a team perspective. Excellent written, oral communication and organizational skills are essential. Strong Xcel skills (e.g. Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc) as well as Microsoft Access a plus. Potential to perform in a lead capacity is also required.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,000 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 89 languages collectively, and hold more than 10,300 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
US-CA-Pasadena, US-TX-Houston, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, US-TX-Austin
Parsons Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...