The Senior Font Rendering Engineer is a key member of the Game Engineering team and reports into the CTO/Co-founder. You should be proficient with rendering text and font displays, quick to learn new programming languages, and have strong knowledge of CS fundamentals. You will be responsible for delivering high quality online, mobile MMOs, and your work will be seen by tens of millions of global players in the future!
- Integrate fonts for multiple languages, include Western/European languages, Asian languages, and right-to-left languages
Refer a Friend:
- 5-7 years of experience (some gaming experience preferred)
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and object oriented design principles
- Strong understanding of various character encoding standards (ie, utf-8, utf-16)
- Strong familiarity with font rasterization
- Familiar with HTML and CSS
- Experience with iOS and Android
- Passion for games
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referralmachinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including Game of War: Fire Age , iMob 2, Original Gangstaz, Global War, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games and is the recipient of the 2010 Crunchies Award (Techcrunch) for Best Bootstrapped Startup. Machine Zone operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures and Menlo Ventures.
We are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for our gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Machine Zone - 6 months ago
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play...