As an Insurance Sr. Fraud Field Investigator your responsibilities will include:
- Investigating and providing field support for insurance investigations on suspicious insurance claims or suspicious insurance related activities covering all lines of business involving claimants, agents, brokers, attorneys, medical providers, etc. to support the Claims Organization for the pursuit of appropriate remedies through the civil or criminal justice system.
- Gathering facts on issues in question through open-ended interviewing and statement taking of witnesses, employers, claimants and other relevant witnesses.
- Obtaining and preserving physical and documentary evidence to support investigations.
- Ability to analyze case assignments and complete thorough, detailed field work in support of the desk investigative team.
- Ability to recognize and pursue additional leads through review of interviews and other facts when applicable.
- Strong analytical decision making, problem solving, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize case load with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated abilities in time management and establishing priorities.
- Understanding of insurance terms and policy interpretation.
- Ability to organize data and write investigative reports.
- Advanced knowledge of criminal and civil justice systems.
- Ability to alter workflow to create and pursue leads that would support a fraud case.
- Ability to work to tight timelines when necessary.
- Advanced working knowledge in investigating specialty lines of insurance a plus.
American International Group - 17 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...