Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment. Performs physical and chemical tests, safely and according toestablished procedures. Follows written or verbal procedures, and instructions. Checks results against established specifications to Company needs. Participates in the Company Lab QA/QC program to determine consistency and accuracy of lab test procedures and techniques. Refers to tables and uses formulas to compute physical and chemical properties. Records and checks all data, calculations and results for accuracy in standard lab format. Reports irregularities in any analysis or result to appropriate personnel. Handles samples and chemicals safely and according to the Company Lab Procedure. Cleans lab equipment and work areas to assure the accurate, safe and efficient functioning of the laboratory.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- College level algebra, or equivalent, and two semester courses of college level chemistry required.
- Petroleum laboratory experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and progress through the prepared Laboratory Training Program required.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment. Excellent PC Skills preferred.
- Knowledge of ASTM, UOP and other standard Laboratory testing methods preferred.
- Excellent oral communications skills to effectively interact with personnel required.
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 16 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly, and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products, and manufacturing.
's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world's...