GP Strategies is an international performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients range from Global 500 companies such as Chrysler, EDS, General Motors, IBM, Lockheed Martin, US Steel to government organizations such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center and NASA. We employ more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
GP is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer in Pottstown, PA.
Based on direction from the Creative Studio director, the graphics designer will use design background and graphic design software to create concept and lay out visual images (including print and web) and marketing materials for use in both internal and external communications, including sales brochures, direct mail, advertisements, presentations, special event displays and online images (to include banner ads and web site visuals). The designer will create from concept to design while adhering to GP Strategies’ identity guidelines and design standards, promoting a consistent and professional corporate image for GP Strategies.
The graphics design specialist will hold the following responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- During the design process, critique and proof layout of each specific project while providing continual feedback and constructive ideas—providing sound input and initiative to yield the highest quality end result.
- Prepare electronic artwork files for image setting by the service bureau and posting online.
- On a daily basis, exercise the ability to be flexible, multi-task and balance changing deadlines and increased workload to meet project deadlines without compromising end results.
- Demonstrate a great deal of creativity and latitude, and openly communicate with other designers across the organization. Strive to provide both internal and external customers with the highest level of customer and design services and products, and communicate effectively with both internal/external clients with a positive, professional attitude.
- Utilize time and materials effectively, and approach tasks economically for the benefit of the Company.
- Remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
GP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Knowledge of four-color printing process, print and web graphic design, illustration, computer graphic software and desktop publishing/document layout experience.
- A knowledge of the following software:
- PC Adobe Photoshop
- PC Adobe Illustrator
- PC Adobe InDesign
- PC Adobe PageMaker
- PC Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of MS Office products
- Knowledge of SharePoint helpful
- Knowledge of Adobe Flash helpful
GP Strategies Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
Option Six wants to close the book -- the jargon-filled training manual, that is -- on boring educational materials. The company creates...